What are the best and worst..

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Ashes78
things about having kids spaced apart?

The best, for me, would be that the older kids can help with the baby. A few days ago we were getting ready to go somewhere and I was running a little behind. It was nice to be able to get one of the big boys to feed Xander while I finished getting everything ready to go.

The worst thing is when the big boys want to do something but it is something we can't do if we have Xander with us. I feel bad always having to tell them "No, we will have to wait til I can get a babysitter for Xander to do that."
July 24th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The absolute best thing is that I can hand my little one over to one of my girls so that I can go pee!! lol Also it really does teach my girls how to be great moms. They just love doing things for my 3 yr old and the new baby and have taken so much stress off my back.
The worst? I guess I am a little sad that by the time Aubree and Evan are in Elementary School, my oldest will be leaving for college <fingers crossed> and that special bond they have will be broken oh wow that makes me tear up thinking about it.
July 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the best thing is that Jessie is so excited about being a sister and she is old enough to help me with her little sister. My sister and I are 10 years apart and we are very close I am hoping that my girls are like that also.

The worst part is that Jessie is having a hard time in understanding that having a baby means that you can't do some things.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
July 24th, 2006, 06:06 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
the best part: savanna is pretty independant and can do a lot for herself, but the worst is that she still is at an age that she is getting jealous sometimes too..wanting to be the baby again
July 24th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I agree that having them spaced so far apart is that the older two are able to help a great deal with Daniel. The worst part for me is that I'm not able to do the spur of the moment things that I used to do with them. They've gotten used to it now, but it took a while.

Quote:
the best part: savanna is pretty independant and can do a lot for herself, but the worst is that she still is at an age that she is getting jealous sometimes too..wanting to be the baby again[/b]
Mine still get jealous, so I don't think that ever goes away.
July 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Best for me is my older ones loved to help with CJ when he was younger, not so much anymore though.

Worst is sometimes I feel they are not as close as they should be.

July 25th, 2006, 10:57 PM
KAY MOM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

The best, for me, would be that the older kids can help with the baby. A few days ago we were getting ready to go somewhere and I was running a little behind. It was nice to be able to get one of the big boys to feed Xander while I finished getting everything ready to go.

The worst thing is when the big boys want to do something but it is something we can't do if we have Xander with us. I feel bad always having to tell them "No, we will have to wait til I can get a babysitter for Xander to do that."[/b]
Same here.

I love the fact that dd can help with feedings when I'm really busy.

But I hate the fact that sometimes we can't do the stuff dd wants to because ds is too young. For example we use to just go to the movies whenever we wanted with no problems now we have to find a babysitter just to go.

July 26th, 2006, 03:37 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

The worst thing is when the big boys want to do something but it is something we can't do if we have Xander with us. I feel bad always having to tell them "No, we will have to wait til I can get a babysitter for Xander to do that."[/b]

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 26th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely agree that the best thing is having built-in baby helpers.

The worst thing is that each of my girls are basically an only child. They've never had siblings their age to grow up and play with.

</div>
July 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM
CrazyFrog
I think the best thing is going to be how helpful he will be. The worst thing will probably be how jealous he gets. He's been the center of the universe for 5 years and will have a hard time adjusting to that.
July 31st, 2006, 10:54 AM
jbc0827
The best thing is that Melissa can help out and she wants to help out with her baby sister.

The worst thing is that I think Melissa seems to get less attention because her sister needs so much of ours. Also having to tell Melissa we can't do something right now because I have to take care of mackenzie or need to find someone to watch her so we can do something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search