with sibs spaced so far apart..

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever have anyone ask "which ones are yours?" That happened to me today registering my daughter for day surgery today. My dh had to go to work so I had to lug all 4 of my kiddos around running errands and the nurse said "wow you have your hands full today! how old is everyone?" My oldest daughter answered and the nurse turned tome and said "are they all yours?" I said "of course!" and she said "by birth??"
July 25th, 2006, 04:24 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Nope....

But I do get "laughed at" because of how long I waited for my second child........
I always just tell them that I was busy finishing university and so forth...
July 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I hear "10 years wow you are starting all over". Like I don't know that ....lol I just have a built in helper.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
July 25th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Ashes78
People always think Xan is the only one that is mine. If I go anywhere with my mom, people always think my oldest is hers.
July 25th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
People always think Xan is the only one that is mine. If I go anywhere with my mom, people always think my oldest is hers.[/b]
That's funny because when we went in for my oldest daughter's dental work, I had only brought my 2 month old with me and someone actually had the nerve to ask my 11 YEAR OLD "Is she yours?" omg I wanted to smack her!! lol
July 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Most people think my 17 year and I are sisters and Daniel is her baby. I even had a Walmart cashier think that Daniel was James' baby. My 15 year old was super embarrassed and said he was never holding him in public again!
July 25th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Quote:
Most people think my 17 year and I are sisters and Daniel is her baby. I even had a Walmart cashier think that Daniel was James' baby. My 15 year old was super embarrassed and said he was never holding him in public again![/b]
That's too funny Rachel!

With my DD everyone thinks we are sisters instead of mother/daughter. Suppose I COULD be her sister since I was 16 when I had her. With my other 2, nobody asks.

July 25th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
mine are only 4 years apart. everyone keeps asking me why I spaced them so far apart, and telling me I shouldnt have them so far apart. makes me mad. I have also heard how I am "starting over". but I dont think 4 years is really starting over.
July 25th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
mine are only 4 years apart. everyone keeps asking me why I spaced them so far apart, and telling me I shouldnt have them so far apart. makes me mad. I have also heard how I am "starting over". but I dont think 4 years is really starting over.[/b]
my brother and i were 4 years apart. I grew up thinking that was normal. Actually I don't think I was even supposed to be around. my parents had a "slip-up" in the bc method...
July 26th, 2006, 07:50 AM
katy1967
My girls are 14 years apart. And I am expecting another one in feb. When I go out w/the two of them (if DD1 is holding or pushing DD2) people give her dirty looks. Like "look at how young she is and she has a baby!" its really quite horrible how people assume things and are so judgemental w/out knowing the facts.

Katy
July 26th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had similar incidents if my oldest daughter is holding Alyssa, my oldest daughter is 13 but looks older, and i've noticed people staring at her in disgust, she stares straight back and tells them Alyssa's her sister.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
July 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
Gavin has an older brother who is 14 and an older sister who is 11 as well as Nic and when the kids found out about Gavin one of Antonio's daughters friends said to her ... "Your dad is having another baby!?! Isn't he a little to old for that? "

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
July 31st, 2006, 09:05 AM
jbc0827
I don't run into that. However you should see the look my friend gets when she goes out with her kids. She has adopted all three and they are biolgical brothers and sister. The oldest is 2 years, the middle is 1 year and the youngest is 3 months. I always tease her about how people think that all she and her dh do is have fun in the bedroom either that or they think she needs to learn about safe sex. LOL And you should really see their faces when I go with her with my two. Her and I with five kids and four of them are two and under is a sight to see.
February 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
I get questions when we are out with Brandon. Brandon has been asked if his little sister is his.

February 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, never had that happen! ...Yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search