*Saturday Six*

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings?

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ?

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)?

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help?

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over?

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
July 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM
CrazyFrog
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? Will be 5+ years.

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? I didn't intend it, but being single kind of forces it.

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? Won't find out until the baby comes.

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? --

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? I anticipate it will be.

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? I have a few things still but will basically be starting fresh.
July 29th, 2006, 11:14 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? 7 1/2 yrs from the oldest to the youngest and 5 years between the babies.

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? No we didn not expect to have Hannah. But man we've been soo blessed.

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? Too much

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? Not anymore. They hated feeding her the bottle as a newborn.

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? Yes.

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? I had a crib and h.chair, everything else I had to buy new.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 29th, 2006, 12:04 PM
jbc0827
Almost exactly 9 years and 3 months

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ?
The age gap was because of a divorce and a remarriage

Melissa loves to help take care of her little sister

She will sometimes but not often.

HUGE, it is amazing how much you forget (or in denial about LOL)

I actually lost all of Melissa's stuff in a fire about 5 years ago so I had to start fresh.
July 29th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? 11 years between oldest and youngest. it goes 2 1/2 yr difference btwn oldest girls, 5 1/2 yr dif btween macie and evan, and 3 year dif btwn evan and aubree

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? no didn't intend it. divorce cause a gap btwn my 2 sets

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? ALOT

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? not at all

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? nah i was ready this time!

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? started fresh with most things. i had just sold a bunch of my sons things. thank goodness the crib didn't sell!!!
July 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
MrsLDawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsLDawson Send a message via Yahoo to MrsLDawson
It's almost 19 years between the oldest and the youngest. But between them all starting from the oldest on down there is a 5 1/2 to 7 year age gap.

Nature just said that is the way it was going to be and that is the way it is .

LOL, my oldest is in college, he's home for the summer now and at the stage where he's into friends especially his girlfriends, so he just doesn't have that sort of time for his younger siblings. He does however spend a few moments playing around with them and giving them hugs.
Now the other two older ones usually fight over who gets to feed the baby next, it's cute. Plus, my older daughter is really good about looking after her younger sister.

My older daughter used to when my youngest daughter was born, but now she is really good about helping out. They all are pretty much helpful and lately haven't heard any of them whine when I ask for a little help.

Yes, I definitely thought I was done when I had my youngest daughter. So with the suprise of this pregnancy I had to really make more of a here I go again adjustment, especially with sleep, but it's worth it .

The funny thing is the summer before I got pregnant (last year), we had did a big house clean up which included throughing out and giving away a lot of baby items I kept. Had I only known. I had to start fresh.

Happily Married To Andre

Very Proud Mom to:
Hernando Cortez (19)
Jazmine Irene (14)
Ariana Neishell (6)
DeAndre Terrell - July 7, 2006

<div align="center">

</div>
July 29th, 2006, 08:46 PM
gabbie's Avatar Veteran
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? There is a 7 1/2 years age difference.

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? I always wanted a 4 year age gap. But it was not up to me at the time, it was up to my pocketbook.

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? Yes

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? Well when my oldest DD was younger she did mine keeping little sissy happy when I asked her to play with her. But when my oldest DD got to hold to play certain toys are games to help keep her busy. That is when the trouble began.

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? The hardest thing to adjust to was not sleeping all night. My youngest DD did not sleep well until she was about 3.

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? I saved all of the DD clothes.

Leah Justine "GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN"

Mom to 3 Beautiful Girls

Shayla Maria (17)
Leah Justine (Forever 7)
Alicia Alessandra (1)
July 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? There is 2 1/2 years between the first and second, 3 years and 9 months between 2nd and 3rd, 3 years and 8 months between 3rd and 4th, and 6 years between 4th and 5th.

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? We do not use b/c and I just do not get pregnant easily. I would have been happy to have them closer.

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? Yup they are great, well most of the time.

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? Oh course from time to time. Over all they are really a big help when I need it.

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? I am older. Also having older children they are really busy and into sports. We are on the run a lot more than in the beginning.

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? Over the years I kept a some things. Then after my 4th child was born we continued to try. After m/c's I gave up hope. I got rid of just about everything. When that happen I got pregnant again.

July 30th, 2006, 08:24 AM
LauraJ's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to LauraJ Send a message via MSN to LauraJ Send a message via Yahoo to LauraJ
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? 5 1/2 years

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? Yes, I intended the 5 year gap. Could not afford to have 2 children in daycare, and could not afford to be a 1 income family.

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? Sometimes, when she feels like it.

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? YES! DD has become quite the whiner lately (I think she is PMSing already )

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? It didnt seem as big as I expected at the time.

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? Everything but the crib was gone. But it worked out ok, since I had DD first then DS. I am sure he would not want all the girly things.

~Dava~ are you going to answer your own questions?
July 30th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's the age gap between your widely spaced siblings? Just over 12 years.

Did you intend for there to be a big gap, or did nature say that's the way it's going to be ? No not that large lol

Does the older one(s) help with the younger one(s)? Sometimes she plays with her or watches her while I'm doing something but she soon gets fed up.

Do they ever whine/complain if you ask for help? Yup.

Was it a big adjustment for YOU starting over? HUGE adjustment..For years there had just been the 3 of us and then there's 4, it's crazy but I love it!

Had you saved all your baby items, or did you have to start fresh? The only thing we had left over from Hayley was a few items of clothing that I'd kept, so we had to start from scratch.

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search