Biggest Challenges

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 06:38 AM
jbc0827
What is everyone's biggest challenge raising widely spaced sibilings?

Mine is I don't think I spend enough quality time with Melissa since Mackenzie is a baby and needs me and daddy for everything. Right now Melissa is visiting her dad halfway across the country and getting his and her stepmother's complete attention since she is an only child on their side. Hopefully it won't be as bad when she comes back on Sunday since Mackenzie is playing more and able to keep herself entertained for little stretches. I know being a big sis will be more fun for her too because Mackenzie interacts with people a lot more than she did 2 months ago.
July 31st, 2006, 06:51 AM
mommyx4's Avatar Super Mommy
I think that my biggest challenge is finding things to do that is fun for all of them. We went to a water park last weekend and it was hard to keep them all happy at the same time. Usually it is just me and the 2 girls(when the boys are at their moms house) and there is not much to do that is fun for an 8 year old and a 2 year old at the some time.
July 31st, 2006, 07:52 AM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto on all of the above !!!!!!!

July 31st, 2006, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hmmm.. biggest challenge would be dividing my time evenly among everyone and not making anyone feel left out
July 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree w/the first 2 posters. Its soo hard making everyone happy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 31st, 2006, 06:37 PM
LauraJ's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to LauraJ Send a message via MSN to LauraJ Send a message via Yahoo to LauraJ
Count me in for one who has a hard time spending enough quality time with each of them and keeping both happy.

My newest challenge is puberty. DD has reached the beginning of it, while DS is still in those terrible 2-5's. at times, it is very hard to deal with both of them.
July 31st, 2006, 08:34 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Mine is Walker was the only child for so long. That now he sees someone else getting all the attention. And he has started to whine about everything to get attention.. even though we do pay ample attention to him..
August 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Super Mommy
I would have to agree that it is extremely hard to find something that both my 9 yr old and 3 yr old can do and when we do I have to watch the younger one so closely that my older one gets ignored.

The other issue we have is my 9 year old will hype up the 3 years old to the point she is running through the house like a wild animal and that doesn't happen when she is home alone!!!

February 2nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
It hasn't been too bad with the 18 year old and the 1 year old. Brandon pretty much entertains himself.

February 2nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No real challenges yet. But I'm sure it's coming!

February 3rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My challenge is not to treat Travis like another adult caregiver for Ben. I want him to be a brother, not a parent, and its hard somedays. Travis will watch Ben if I am making dinner and in the next room but he doesnt want to babysit, he says he is afraid of being in charge with us not in shouting distance and I want to respect that. and of course the time thing! Travis was an only child for so long, he is not used to having to share our focus.

February 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Quote:
My challenge is not to treat Travis like another adult caregiver for Ben. I want him to be a brother, not a parent, and its hard somedays. Travis will watch Ben if I am making dinner and in the next room but he doesnt want to babysit, he says he is afraid of being in charge with us not in shouting distance and I want to respect that. and of course the time thing! Travis was an only child for so long, he is not used to having to share our focus.[/b]
I bet that is hard. I can't even imagine. I think that is great that he does help out there. We have asked Brandon to babysit one time but we did pay him as we would any sitter.

February 10th, 2007, 07:11 AM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
I too don't spend enough time with my 10 year old. It's sad because we used to have a great relationship and things are a bit strained now.

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search