Pre-"Pre-teen" girls and way over dramatic!

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
GingerMomof3's Avatar Regular
My DH & I are now TTC our first child together but will be #3 for us also. I have an 8 year old girl & he has a 9 year old girl from our first marriages. We recently told them that we are planning on having a baby soon to get them excited and prepared for the idea of having a baby in the house. We both thought that they would be really happy, esp my DD since she would no longer be the "little sister" anymore. We couldn't have been more WRONG. They immediately started griping and moaning about how they absolutely do NOT want a baby brother or sister and that they are just fine with the way things are now. Granted, they've both always been the "only & 1st" grandchild on both sides of our families so I know a lot of it is just typical stubbornness of not wanting to share any attention, which is normal, I guess. But I really thought if we talked about it enough and made it sound exciting and let them see that they will have a big role in this as well, that they would come around to the idea. Ha! Yeah right! They want no part in it! Has anyone else had this issue? How did you handle it or did it go away on its own? They aren't selfish or bratty kids in general, so that's why this has really shocked me :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search