Question of the Week

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2006, 05:50 PM
CrazyFrog
Why did you name your child(ren) what you named it/them?
August 2nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of them have at least one of their names a family name. They are also Biblical names.

August 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
MrsLDawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsLDawson Send a message via Yahoo to MrsLDawson
Why did you name your child(ren) what you named it/them?

-----------------------

I gave my father the honer of naming my oldest son. Dad only had us girls and always wanted a boy but it didn't happen. He gave my son the name Hernando Cortez because he was always intrigued with the spanish explorer which my son is named after.

My oldest daughter was given her first name by her aunt (father's sister) Jazmine and her middle name Irene is my mother's and grandmother's middle name also, a family name.

My youngest daughter is named Ariana Neishell because, 1: I thought it was pretty and both names went well toghether and 2: Her dad's name begins with an A and her middle name rhymes with his middle name which is Terrell.

My youngest son was named DeAndre Terrell. It's his dad's name with the "De" added. DH didn't want to have a jr but it is close

Happily Married To Andre

Very Proud Mom to:
Hernando Cortez (19)
Jazmine Irene (14)
Ariana Neishell (6)
DeAndre Terrell - July 7, 2006

<div align="center">

</div>
August 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH started the trend of naming the children after me... my name is Sandra.

Alexandra Jordan - Jordan is a combination of "Jeff" and "Gordon", DH's favorite NASCAR driver. Tacky I know, but you know how men are. LOL. We call her "Lexie" or "Alex".

Kassandra Mackenzie - my bestest best friend, Kelley, in the world gave her her middle name. We call her "Kassie".

Leandra Jeanne - Leandra is a combination of my name and DH's deceases maternal grandmother, Ledra. Jeanne is my mother's middle name. We call her "Ellie" though... my older 2 came up with that when I was pregnant in honor of my bestest best friend, Kelley.

woooo that was long lol

</div>
August 3rd, 2006, 03:19 AM
Awaiting#3
First names are one's that dh and I just happened to like and could both agree on. Middle names are the names of important men in our family.
August 3rd, 2006, 05:22 AM
jbc0827
My oldest is Melissa Robin
Melissa is my middle name and Robin is my sister's first name

My youngest is Mackenzie Lynne
Mackenzie because it was the only M girl name dh and I both liked and Lynne is my sister's middle name

And I am regretting naming my kids after my sister, they have her stubborn streak LOL
August 3rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
CrazyFrog
With my son, Avery was the only first name that his dad and I could agree on for both a boy or a girl. Nathaniel is his dad's first name.
August 3rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
Emma Caitlin- I loved the name Emma, and that was the only one her father and I could agree on, (and at the time it wasn't very popular here!) and Caitlin was after a very good friend from highschool.

Cadence Charlotte-Dh and I went through about a million names, and he suggested Candace, but I said how about Cadence, and the that was it! As for Charlotte, it was my grandmothers first name (she passed away from leukemia when I was 2).
August 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Caitlyn, was a name I saw on a tv movie. And LOVED it. Although it was spelled diff. Marie (mn) is mine.

Matthew, the ONLY name dh and I could agree on. I wanted a bible name and dh like Jarrod. So we agreed on Matthew James, James is dh's middle name.

Hannah, loved it. Had a few others picked out but always went back to Hannah (bible name) Lynn after Dh's family. All the girls in dh's family have Lynn as the MN and the daughters have Marie, so it worked out for us

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 5th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessica Jayne.... i really like J names, and I love Jessica. Jayne is her grandmothers name and I like how it sounds together.

Joseph Elliott....I wanted to choose another Hebrew name, I was at first considering Joshua but when I tried saying Jessica and Joshua 3 times fast, I couldnt do it, so we chose another J name, Joseph
Elliott....I don't know, I just like it. LOL

August 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM
vimagray's Avatar Regular
Sofia Mary --> Mary is a family name (it's my MN, my mom's MN, my grandmother's MN... you get the picture.) Sofia we just liked. Actually, DH preferred Sophie but it sounded off with Mary and the last name so we made it Sofia.

Spencer James --> Spencer was Jamie's favorite name (I think it was also his grandma's maiden name). James is after daddy, of course. He was already named when I met him, but if he were my biological son I don't think I would have picked anything different. He's definitely Spencer.
August 6th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Keslea Brianne- I had a dream while pg, she cxame to me and told me to call her that. Brianne- i just loved it and it sounded good together so I tricked ex-dh into thinking he came up with it because he insisted he find the mn so i said, "I'm thinking it needs to be something-anne" and right off the bat he said "Brianne!"

Macie Nicole- the ex dh and i could not agree on a 1st name at all. Shewas 2 days old and his mother suggested Ashley Nicole but I like unusual trendy names and that was way too common for me and I hated the name Nicole back then. ex-Dh liked Nicole and I said how bout Macie and he said whatever lets just name her something so I gave him Nicole-= i now love the name so i'm glad i caved on the Nicole part

Evan Brantlee- Anyone see Joe Millionaire? His name was Evan and I was pg with him at the time and ooh boy i thought he was gorgeous lol so i talked dh into the name. Brantlee- well, we couldn't come up with a mn we agreed on and I was wayyy preggo. we were driving around and being silly looking at street signs and businesses saying"Evan..Walmart?" "Evan..texaco?" etc and we passed a street called Brantley and we were like omg that's it! but we spelled it Brantlee because dh's mn is Lee.

Aubree Irisa- I had a dream b4 i knew i was pg that i had a happy, smiling baby with auburn hair so after i found out i was looking at names that meant auburn or sounded like it and thought of Aubree. After we found out it was really a girl I asked dh about the name and he thought it was perfect. I spelled it the french spelling and i already have girls with names ending in ea and ie and i don't do y's so i did the double e. Irisa- we gave her that name the day after she was born because on the day she was born, there was an enormous vertical rainbow outside my hospital window so we joked about naming her Rainbow but I'm just not hippy enough so we looked at names that mean rainbow and found the russian name Irisa (prn. err-issa)
August 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM
My daughter is Paige Nicole, my maiden name is Page - my dad had all girls and his only brother had all girls, so the Page last name was ending. I wanted to carry it on one more generation as a first name so we named her Paige. I wanted her middle name to be Noelle since she was due a few days after Christmas, but DH didn't like that. So we compromised and named her Paige Nicole.

My son is Connor Kevin. Since I got to pick out Paige's name, DH got to pick out our son's name. He really liked Connor, and it grew on me after awhile. Kevin was after my DH.

Patti

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search