anxiety...

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am having the hardest time dealing with the fact that my oldest dd is going tinto middle school. how could that happen!>??> she was just a baby like yesterday!!! before i know it she will be graduating high school. time sure does fly by.
August 6th, 2006, 01:53 PM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am having the hardest time dealing with the fact that my oldest dd is going tinto middle school. how could that happen!>??> she was just a baby like yesterday!!! before i know it she will be graduating high school. time sure does fly by. [/b]
Boy, do I hear you !!! My DS is going into middle school and I am so nervous about it...WAY more than he is. I don't know why I'm so upset about it. I don't know if I'm bothered by the fact that he's getting older or if it's because I am. It does make me sad and anxious. In a way, I'll be glad to have the first month of school out of the way so we know what to expect and what the routine will be. I worry about his homework, band, soccer, etc. and how I'm going to drag my toddler through all of this. I also will miss the help my DS gives me with his brother during the day.

My DS is not a self-starter and requires a lot of help and motivation so it all spells W-O-R-K for me. You'll have to keep me posted on how it's going and I will likewise. Best wishes!!!!!!

August 6th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel the same way! My oldest just graduated and starts college this month. Then I have my little 2 year old. It seems like she was just 2. The years go by way to fast.

August 6th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I know how you are feeling. My daughter is 11, going into 6th grade, but she started middle school last year. Because of overcrowding they moved 5th grade from the elementary school to the middle school. I was a nervous wreck last year. I remember my own transition from elementary school to middle school and it was not pretty. But Paige adjusted wonderfully. In fact, this coming week she has volunteered to help with the orientation of the new 5th graders coming into her school.

Speaking of girls middle school age..... do you notice that some girls are really mean to each other around this age? Paige has a few friends who were really close friends of hers in grade school, who were really mean to her last year. She is very tall, 5 foot 5 inches, and pretty mature physically, and I guess she is coming to find out who her "friends" really are. It makes me so sad for her.

Patti
August 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My DS is not a self-starter and requires a lot of help and motivation so it all spells W-O-R-K for me. You'll have to keep me posted on how it's going and I will likewise. Best wishes!!!!!![/b]
yes more work for me too!! my dd puts stuff off til the last minute and I agree, it is partly me realizing how old I am getting!!!! LOL

Quote:
I feel the same way! My oldest just graduated and starts college this month. Then I have my little 2 year old. It seems like she was just 2. The years go by way to fast. [/b]
oh wow so you are a veteran at all this! you will have to tell me how you got through these years!!!! and yes, time does go by very very fast. Why does it feel like I went through a time portal and aged 10 years!!!

Quote:
Speaking of girls middle school age..... do you notice that some girls are really mean to each other around this age? Paige has a few friends who were really close friends of hers in grade school, who were really mean to her last year. She is very tall, 5 foot 5 inches, and pretty mature physically, and I guess she is coming to find out who her "friends" really are. It makes me so sad for her.

Patti[/b]
yes girls get really mean during the middle school years. my dd grew up with these kids so I am hoping it won't be so bad, but you are right, she will find out who her true friends are this year. ugh my tummy hurts thinking about it for her! she's in her room right now happy as a clam, so excited to start school and marking down the days and here I am feeling anxious and freaked out for her! I had a terrible experience going into middle school because we had just moved so I was the new kid so all summer long I have been preparing her and getting the right clothes and taking her to get her hair done and nixing anything and everything that those kids could possibly give her a hard time about. lemme know how your dd adjusts! gl to her!

and thanks girls for your responses, it means alot
August 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
mommyx4's Avatar Super Mommy
I was just saying that the other day about my older dd. It feels like I just walked her into Kindergarten and now she is going into 3rd. It does however make me realize how fast it goes and I try to remember that with the baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search