**Roll Call**

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2006, 09:39 AM
CrazyFrog
With so many new faces, I think we need a roll call with a few getting to know you questions.

Name:
Significant other's name:
Children's names and ages:
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc):
Did you plan on having your children so far apart?
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings?
What about bad things?
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )?
August 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Christy
Significant other's name: Craig
Children's names and ages: Trevor, 10 & Addison 1
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): Birthday is Jan 28th
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? No, but I had Trevor a little too early, at 18. I waited a little later than I wanted to have my 2nd.
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Trevor is a great help with Addison and is much more understanding of the attention she demands than he would have been when he was young. It also gave me many years to focus only on him.
What about bad things? I forgot about the lack of sleep and all of the stuff I had to buy all over again.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course)? July 2005 Playroom
August 9th, 2006, 08:26 AM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Heather

Significant other's name: Todd

Children's names and ages: CJ~12, Avery~1 ( plus 3 stepkids 14, 16, and 20)

Did you plan on having your children so far apart? We waited for the other kids to get older before we decided to try for Avery. It only took us a month to get pregnant with Avery but now we think we waited too long.

What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Lots of help and the older kids are so self-sufficient

What about bad things? It's like being a first-time parent all over...we were used to coming and going, sleeping a lot, we weren't prepared for the amount of work involved

What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course ) the SAHM board

August 9th, 2006, 09:03 AM
faith72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faith72
Name: Becky
Significant other's name: Johnny
Children's names and ages: Justin 12 Nick 7 and Jacob 8 weeks tomorrow
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): uhh my bday sept 27, johnny's bday august 18, Justin's bday august 4, nick's birthday june 22 and jacob's bday june 15. our anniversary is feb. 12
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Not really. Justin was planned... Nick was an oops, but I love him soo much that I don't care! I got divorced and then married my now hubby Johnny and we had Jake. He was planned.
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? I have 2 fully capable kids for helping with the baby And the older two are so self sufficient that I don't have to worry about them when I'm taking care of baby.
What about bad things? They are all into different stages... can be a bad thing.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course biggrin.gif )? July DDC and June playroom
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"> </div>
August 9th, 2006, 09:09 AM
CrazyFrog
Name: Jerinda
Significant other's name: Mike, fiance
Children's names and ages: Avery (4) and baby due in February
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): My b-day is August 21st, Avery's is October 23rd
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? No, but I got divorced from Avery's father and had to wait until I found the right guy again.
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? I think Avery will be a big help and be understanding of why the baby needs so much.
What about bad things? I think he'll be jealous and still want all the attention he got before.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course)? Blended Families and January 2007 DDC
August 9th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Sandy
Significant other's name: JR
Children's names and ages:Jessie (10) Paige (1 Month)
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc):Jessie 4-09 Paige 7-07 Sandy 3-03
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? I always wanted more but after Jessie I was sigle for a long time so I was not able to have one.
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Jessie is such a big help it is like having built in baby sitter
What about bad things? It has been so long I forgot what it was like to have a baby...lol
What's your favorite board on JM and (besides here, of course )? July 2006DDC ( almost Playroom) and TTC6+months ( I still host)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
August 9th, 2006, 07:24 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Tonya

Significant other's name: Jonathan

Children's names and ages: Kaitlyn, 13 years, Tucker, deceased, and Daniel, 9 months

Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): My birthday is December 21 and our anniversary is May 24

Did you plan on having your children so far apart? well...I was a single mom for 9 years, so yes and no

What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? I have a helper

What about bad things? Kaitlyn is jealous of Daniel...he took away some of "her time."

What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? November Playroom and Housekeeping

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
August 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Shellie

Significant other's name: Glen

Children's names and ages: Joshua (24), Paul (24), Krista (22), Adam (10), Lauren (5), one due in March.

Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Not really. It just happened that way.

What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Babysitters!! Watching the interaction of the older and younger siblings and the things the younger siblings learn from older siblings.

What about bad things? In our case, our 5 yr old does not know her oldest brothers as well as I'd like. They love each other to death, but don't have much interaction as the twins are currently out of state.

What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? I've only been here a day. LOL! I don't know yet.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
August 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
LauraJ's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to LauraJ Send a message via MSN to LauraJ Send a message via Yahoo to LauraJ
Name: Laura

Significant other's name: Rob

Children's names and ages: Sara - 9 1/2 and Eric just turned 4

Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): Sara dob 1/19/97, Eric dob 7/30/02

Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Actually, I did. I could not afford to have 2 in daycare, I waited until Sara was going into Kindergarten right after he was born.

What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? I had time with Sara alone, and she is old enough to allow me to have some alone with Eric

What about bad things? They are both in difficult stages right now, Sara is pre-puberty and Eric is post-terrible 3's

What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course)? 30 Something Mommies
August 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Kathleen

Significant other's name: Rick

Children's names and ages: Travis-14.5 and Benjamin- 3 months

Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): Travis- nov 27 1991 Benjamin- may 1 2006

Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Travis is addopted, he is DH son and was 8 when I met them. he never knew his birth mom, she was gone before his 1st birthday. Travis was so thrilled to be addopted and have a mom, that we decided to let him be an only child for sevral years.

What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? He was very excited and very involved in the pregnancy, I think it will scare Travis off having kids till he is older- haha! and of course, having a big helper rocks.

What about bad things? Travis will be gone to university when Ben is still little, I am worried they wont know eachother well at that time...........

August 11th, 2006, 05:19 PM
PiperJRL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiperJRL Send a message via MSN to PiperJRL Send a message via Yahoo to PiperJRL
Name: Bobbi
Significant other's name: Chris
Children's names and ages: Johnny/7yrs, Ricky/2 1/2 yrs and Logan/Due 9/7
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): Johnny/Sept. 1st, Ricky/Feb. 25th. Chris and I/Sept. 15th (1 yr. Anniversary)
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Nope
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? One is more independent than the other.
What about bad things? There's not much they can do together.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? September DDC!!

</div>
August 13th, 2006, 04:19 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Name: kayleigh
Significant other's name: Ryan
Children's names and ages: Alex (9), Grace (5 weeks)
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): Kayleigh (02-07), Ryan (03-18), Alex (08-02), Grace (07-04), Kayleigh/Ryan anniversary (09-11)
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? hmm, kinda sorta. I was just finishing up high school when Alex was born and planned to attend university and begin our life before having more children.
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Alex is a big help and is somewhat independant. I was able to finish university
What about bad things? Alex forgets sometimes that Gracie is so small. It is like there is a world between them. I have forgotten "infant" things.
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course biggrin.gif )? July 2006 Playroom
August 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Rhonda

Significant other's name: Bill

Children's names and ages: Brandon is 17, Nicholas is 10 weeks old.

Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): My b-day 3-3, Brandons b-day 1-4, Nicholas b-day 6-9.

Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Not really. I actually wanted to have my children about 3 to 4 years apart and I wanted at least 3. Between my first son and the baby I suffered 6 miscarriages and lost a total of 7 babies (one set of twins).

What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Built in babysitter!

What about bad things? My boys wont be raised together and I'm afraid they wont be close. I know they will always love each other but I don't know how well they'll KNOW each other.

What's your favorite board on JM? I have a few favorites. July 2006 Playroom (Nicholas was due in July), June 2006 Playroom (he was born in June), and Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
August 28th, 2006, 06:50 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Name: Amber
Significant other's name:N/A
Children's names and ages: Arianan 6- Natalie-11months
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): Arianna- 5/27/00 & Natalie 9/11/05
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Np
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Arianna is more independent and can help out with Natty
What about bad things? Not being as close due to the age gap
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course biggrin.gif )? Any..

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
September 1st, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Name: CYNTHIA
Significant other's name: CHARLES
Children's names and ages: WALKER 8 YRS, BRAXTON 20 MONTHS, TRINITY 5 MONTHS
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): MY BDAY 8/13, HUBBY'S 10/4, WALKER'S 10/30, BRAXTON'S 12/29, TRINITY'S 3/27, OUR ANNIVERSARY 3/12
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? NO WE TRIED FOR YEARS AFTER WALKER TO CONCIEVE AND CARRY TO TERM
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? WALKER IS A BIG HELP
What about bad things?THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? I HAVE TO MANY TO LIST
September 28th, 2006, 02:07 PM
windi's Avatar Regular
Name: Carol
Significant other's name: Chris
Children's names and ages: Lauren and Lindsey are 13, and Michael is 2
Any special dates (birthdays, anniversary, etc): The twins are 4/2/93 Michael is 9/13/04
Did you plan on having your children so far apart? Kinda, after I remarried I wanted a baby
What are the good things about having widely spaced siblings? Built in babysitters (when they are nice)
What about bad things? The older ones do not consider baby proofing as important (don't get me started)
What's your favorite board on JM (besides here, of course )? Not sure, I'm in toddlers and teens just checking the place out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search