anyone else getting kids ready

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is pretty hectic around here. I've got 2 in school and we've been shopping like crazy trying to get everything we need for next week. I have to take them tomorrow for hair appts. and get their schedules. I have had no break! This is so much harder w/ a newborn! lol anyone else doing last minute things?
August 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Yep! Uggh.. First we had school registration, I ahve 1 in Highschool one in Middle school and one on grade school. all schools registered on the same day so, that was a day PLUS i had a ton of fees.We are officially poor! LOL. My teen has college courses so on top of the reg registration I have fees for the college course too. UGHHH.Plus my guy is a super grouch lately.I am leaving him for hte first time in his life with my mother overnoght while we go tot he city , hit an amusement park and load up on school clothes. My son is husky and short so his clothes are hard to find.
I dont want them to start real bad because they are a TON of help with my very demanding challenging baby but.. WIll be relieved after all of the craziness is done. PLUS I had an appt for a root canal yesterday and it will be October before I can get it done. GEEZ> I still need to take my Middleschholer for his shots too. Geez I am run ragged
Bonnie
August 10th, 2006, 12:58 PM
CrazyFrog
My son doesn't go to schoo yet, but he will be attending preschool this year. We are getting things ready for that, they require him to have as much as kindergarteners have.
August 10th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Logan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. We still have clothes and shoes to buy. I have been so sick I can't get motivated. One helpful thing, however, is that the school put together "kits" for purchase. These kits have folders, pencils, etc. Everything the kids need as far as school supplies. So we don't have to worry about that!

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
August 10th, 2006, 10:04 PM
lea27's Avatar Veteran
Yes, school starts Sept 7th and I can't wait. It's been a long summer.
August 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am getting ready for school........Travis is still in denial

August 11th, 2006, 06:39 PM
LauraJ's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to LauraJ Send a message via MSN to LauraJ Send a message via Yahoo to LauraJ
Sara has 3 1/2 weeks until school. Eric will start pre-school shortly after that. I am excited in a nervous kind of way. Sara can hardly wait to start. Eric has no clue, it will be his first year of long days at school.
August 11th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Quote:
I am getting ready for school........Travis is still in denial [/b]
That's funny! My 10 yr old is the same but his 5 yr old sister can't wait for school to start. I hope she keeps that enthusiasm for awhile.

Proud mom of: Joshua (25), Paul (25), Krista (23), Adam (11), Lauren (6), Anna Janelle.
August 12th, 2006, 03:10 AM
nikkialyee's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkialyee
Yes!! LOL My daughter starts 1st grade on Monday, and I still have to take her to get her hair cut, new shoes and she insists that she must have this new backpack! LOL Its been a long summer, I need some mommytime! Off to finish the shopping! Good luck!

August 12th, 2006, 08:31 AM
KAY MOM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah...I started shopping for uniforms and some school supplies. I haven't got the supply list from the school yet...so I'm just waiting on that to finish up.

August 12th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to BahamaMama2B Send a message via MSN to BahamaMama2B
Just finished our mad shopping spree's. We sort of lucked out as school around here (we are at my mom's right now) have already started so we were able to do the shopping after the crowds had thinned, but its still hectic none the less. The kids school starts on the 21st and the nice thing with it being so small (last year enrollment was only 37 kids and that is K-12!) and where we are is there is not pressure about clothes and brands and all that so I think that helps take the pressure off the shopping for us and the kids

My blog
August 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
noiefa's Avatar Super Mommy
My oldest DS is going to the 4th grade. I am still trying ti figure out why I need to send so many Lysol wipes to school! I can understand Kleenex.... but goodness! DS doesn't want to go school shopping, hates trying on clothes. I was soo tired last night. And school fees! I don't rember having a "School Planner" in the 4th grade. UGHHHHH.

August 12th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Just finished our mad shopping spree's. We sort of lucked out as school around here (we are at my mom's right now) have already started so we were able to do the shopping after the crowds had thinned, but its still hectic none the less. The kids school starts on the 21st and the nice thing with it being so small (last year enrollment was only 37 kids and that is K-12!) and where we are is there is not pressure about clothes and brands and all that so I think that helps take the pressure off the shopping for us and the kids[/b]
Wow! That is small.

Luckily we have uniforms so we don't worry about the pressure either. Well, they aren't really uniforms more of a very strict dress code. Collared shirts that can only be certain colors. No denim. The pants can only be khaki, navy or black. Shorts have to be to the knees... even for girls.

August 13th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessie has all of her school clothing but not all of her supplies. I just found her supply list online today. She does not want to go back so I have to say she is as ready as she is going to be.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
August 13th, 2006, 03:24 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Nope, haven't even started here!

This week we are starting back on Alex's bedtime routine and whatnot though... He has had late nights and lots of adjusting to his new baby sister this summer...
So back to bathing, story, and 8:30pm bedtime!

We'll be doing school shopping probably next weekend.. He did get lots of clothes for his birthday though (August 2nd) so we don't have much to get there but some new underwear/socks/shoes.....

He doesn't start back though until September 5th.
August 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessica's backpack is loaded and ready to go! 9 days till school starts! WOOHOO!!!!!

August 15th, 2006, 11:37 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids started yesterday Monday 8/14. I had been online shopping for weeks now, so I wouldnt be overwhelmed and broke. We did do some last minute supply shopping last week.
My kids have standardized dress. Navy, White and Burgandy tops. Navy, Khaki, and Dark Denim bottoms. They can wear tshirts, collard shirts, sweatshirts, sweats, skirts, dresses, jumpers,shorts, capris anything like that as long as it's those colors.
I think its harder to find trendy clothes in those colors for school. I LOVE KOHLS.COM!!! Awesome

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 16th, 2006, 02:39 PM
faith72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faith72
My older two start on Friday for 2 hours. Then Monday all day. I can't wait! They are so ready to go back. We are finally all done with the shopping and the other prep so we're ready to go. I have open house at the school tomorrow night so that the teachers can meet with us and give us paperwork, etc. Fun stuff
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"> </div>
August 16th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yep. We still have clothes and shoes to buy. I have been so sick I can't get motivated. One helpful thing, however, is that the school put together "kits" for purchase. These kits have folders, pencils, etc. Everything the kids need as far as school supplies. So we don't have to worry about that! [/b]
wow! i wish our school would have done that!! I am going to have to suggest that!!! We drove around everwhere!

Quote:
Yes!! LOL My daughter starts 1st grade on Monday, and I still have to take her to get her hair cut, new shoes and she insists that she must have this new backpack! LOL Its been a long summer, I need some mommytime! Off to finish the shopping! Good luck![/b]
haha yeah my kids demanded everything too. I do like shopping though, just not while lugging around 4 kids...

Quote:
And school fees! I don't rember having a "School Planner" in the 4th grade. UGHHHHH. [/b]
ughhhh yeah school fees are awful. They make us buy everything now days. I don't remember my parents ever being demanded money for stuff the school should pay for when i was in school!

Quote:
Quote:
... and where we are is there is not pressure about clothes and brands and all that so I think that helps take the pressure off the shopping for us and the kids[/b]
Wow! That is small.

Luckily we have uniforms so we don't worry about the pressure either. Well, they aren't really uniforms more of a very strict dress code. Collared shirts that can only be certain colors. No denim. The pants can only be khaki, navy or black. Shorts have to be to the knees... even for girls.
[/b]
we haven't had pressure for name brands but i got some anyway, juuust in case!
I used to wear a uniform and i loved it! i wish they would start doing that here. it was a no-brainer as to what you were wearing to school everyday lol

Quote:
My kids started yesterday Monday 8/14. I had been online shopping for weeks now, so I wouldnt be overwhelmed and broke. We did do some last minute supply shopping last week.
My kids have standardized dress. Navy, White and Burgandy tops. Navy, Khaki, and Dark Denim bottoms. They can wear tshirts, collard shirts, sweatshirts, sweats, skirts, dresses, jumpers,shorts, capris anything like that as long as it's those colors.
I think its harder to find trendy clothes in those colors for school. I LOVE KOHLS.COM!!! Awesome
[/b]
i did a ton of online shopping too!!! ebay is awesome!! lol kohls is great too but i try to get stuff there when they have the free shipping thing
August 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DS Brandon is starting his Sr. year and he's already attending marching band practice. He plays the trumpet and he's pretty good but we have to pay so many fees for his trips and equiptment. I can't believe his school years are already almost over. Then I'll have to start it all over again in 5 years.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search