Log In Sign Up

What do you do?


Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
August 17th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,905
Hey guys! I am a stay at home mom and I do love it but I wish I could get away once and awhile. don't get me wrong, I love my kids but, mama needs a break! Eventually I would like to make use of my degree and get a job, but I just can't seem to tear myself away from my new daughter. Is anyone else here a SAHM? Do you like it? how old are the children you stay with?

If you work, I'd love to know what you do! How do you deal with the rising price of daycare? (it's outragous here)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
August 17th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Taneytown, MD
Posts: 114,801
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I work part time 12-20 hours a week, so I'm home most of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
August 17th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,010
I'm an agency nurse. I work anywhere from 0-40hrs a week. We don't use daycare AT ALL! If DH won't be home or one of the Gmas isn't available for a few hours until DH gets home, I don't go to work.
__________________
<div align="center">

</div>
Reply With Quote
  #4  
August 17th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,905
Quote:
I work part time 12-20 hours a week, so I'm home most of the time.[/b]
I hope I'm not being too nosy, but what line of work are you in?

Quote:
I'm an agency nurse. I work anywhere from 0-40hrs a week. We don't use daycare AT ALL! If DH won't be home or one of the Gmas isn't available for a few hours until DH gets home, I don't go to work.[/b]
That's a great job if they don't mind you not coming in! I wish I could fit something around my parents and dh's schedule, that would be great!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
August 17th, 2006, 08:31 AM
CrazyFrog
Guest
Posts: n/a
I run an in-home daycare part time. I will start full time again once school starts. Plus, I go to school in the mornings. Avery goes to preschool while I'm at school, and it doesn't cost us too much.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
August 17th, 2006, 10:43 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 9,925
I work outside the home full time. I'm a customer service rep for a local poultry company, dh and I both work for the same company.

My dd Hannah (baby) goes to my grama's she watches her for me, I pay her $75.00 a week. She's the BEST. Some day though I will have to look into daycare, and I dont know how I'll be able to pay for it.

My older 2 children are in gradeschool full time and then attend a free afterschool program right at there school, so they are taken care of, except during breaks and holidays then my mom keeps them at my house.
__________________
Dina



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



Reply With Quote
  #7  
August 17th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 519
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindy
I'm a stay at home mom, I love being home with my kids, although we could use the extra money if I did work it would all or mostly go to daycare.. not worth it at all.
__________________
My Stampin' Up! Site
Reply With Quote
  #8  
August 17th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,905
Quote:
I'm a stay at home mom, I love being home with my kids, although we could use the extra money if I did work it would all or mostly go to daycare.. not worth it at all.[/b]
this was my argument as well. my husband pesters me about getting a job and I tell him if I did I would be working for daycare fees so it really doesnt make much sense. It's about 500 bucks a month PER kid and I have 4...that's rediculous!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
August 17th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 519
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindy
Yup prices are about the same here in California, unbelievable! It's just basically working for someone else to watch your kids. Plus I have major trust issues with daycares .. even friends and family watching my kids lol. I dont go out much..well ok at all! LOL!
__________________
My Stampin' Up! Site
Reply With Quote
  #10  
August 17th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Quote:
I'm an agency nurse. I work anywhere from 0-40hrs a week. We don't use daycare AT ALL! If DH won't be home or one of the Gmas isn't available for a few hours until DH gets home, I don't go to work.[/b]
That's a great job if they don't mind you not coming in! I wish I could fit something around my parents and dh's schedule, that would be great!
[/b]
My job isn't typical by any means. A hospital or nursing home calls the company I work for and tells them to send a nurse on a certain day for a certain shift because they're usually short-staffed. Its up to me to accept it or not. If I don't want it for whatever reason, they call the next nurse on the list. I haven't gone to work all week... my choice!
__________________
<div align="center">

</div>
Reply With Quote
  #11  
August 17th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 2,423
I work full time as a floor supervisor in a casino restaurant. It's difficult for me to be away from my baby boy for 50 hours per week but you gotta do what you gotta do. I actually don't have to pay for day care. My DH and I have different days off and on the weekends my boys stay home together. There is one day per week that my BF takes care of Nick because she is currently a SAHM and I will be taking care of her little girl when she goes back to work.
__________________



visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #12  
August 17th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 17,713
I am a internal support technician at UPS. I support the airline applications as well as the computers. I work 3rd shift and my husband works first. For the first 6 months of my baby's life, she stayed home with me and I slept when she did. That got to be too hard so a friend of mine now keeps her for about 7 hours a day. She picks her up and drops her off and I only have to pay her $20 a day! The best part is that she loves Addison as if she were her own and tells me so very often!

ETA that I would love to stay home, or work part time, but it would be way too much of an impact on us financially.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
August 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,905
Quote:
I work full time as a floor supervisor in a casino restaurant. It's difficult for me to be away from my baby boy for 50 hours per week but you gotta do what you gotta do. I actually don't have to pay for day care. My DH and I have different days off and on the weekends my boys stay home together. There is one day per week that my BF takes care of Nick because she is currently a SAHM and I will be taking care of her little girl when she goes back to work.[/b]

Quote:
I am a internal support technician at UPS. I support the airline applications as well as the computers. I work 3rd shift and my husband works first. For the first 6 months of my baby's life, she stayed home with me and I slept when she did. That got to be too hard so a friend of mine now keeps her for about 7 hours a day. She picks her up and drops her off and I only have to pay her $20 a day! The best part is that she loves Addison as if she were her own and tells me so very often!

ETA that I would love to stay home, or work part time, but it would be way too much of an impact on us financially.[/b]
wow yall are so lucky to have a support system to help you out! vegas Mom I think it's great you are planning on returning the favor And Christy 20 dollars a day is pretty good!! lol when I babysat as a teenager I only charged 1 dollar an hour! lol I had tons of jobs because of that, Ihad no idea what the market rate was
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
August 18th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 1,719
I'm currently working but when this one comes I will be a sahm which I'm looking forward to. There is no point in working with more than one because I wouldn't make anything it would all go to daycare.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
August 19th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,894
I am loving being a SAHM more than I knew I would! I want to go back to work one day a week in February
to keep my position at the medical clinic I am in and to get enough hours to keep my licence, I dont want to loose it. I dont plan on going back more than that until Baby Ben is in school full time. He will go to daycare that one day a week when I go back (no close grandparents-darn) . I like the daycare he is on the wait list for very much, but they are expensive, 55 dollars a day and he has been on the wait list since I was 8 weeks pregnant....they think they will be ready for him in February. DH wants me to stay home and not go back even that one day, but I think I would be stupid to loose my licence to work, what if something happened to him? or our relationship?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
August 20th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: chicopee ma
Posts: 15,513
im a stay at home mom ill be going back to school soon but i wont be working untill a year or so..
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
August 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,905
Quote:
He will go to daycare that one day a week when I go back (no close grandparents-darn) . I like the daycare he is on the wait list for very much, but they are expensive, 55 dollars a day [/b]
acckk!!!!!!!! omg that's wayyy to much!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0