Atkins Diet

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I really wannatry it but I dunno if I can give up carbs! What do you think, worth it or no? Have a better diet idea?
August 31st, 2006, 02:22 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
A little fact I learned in my nutrition class.. Your body gets it main energy from carbs. They can get it from fat and protein but it is hard for the body to convert.. And here is the shocking thing.. If the body is using protein it will not take it from the food you eat.. It will take it from you body.. Practically eating away at your brain and muscles. I have had friends say that after a few day on the diet. They get very confused and disorientated.. After taking this class I understood why

The best diet I ever did was. I used a smaller plate for my meals so I would feel like I was eating more.. I also excercised regularly..

The best way to put it .. There is not miracle diet.. And some can actually do harm..
Just remember something we learned in school.. In order to loose fat... You have to burn more calores than you consume.
August 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried it for a week and I was so sick. I had a constant headache (almost migraine status). I got the shakes and was nauseous. I got confused while at work (which isn't a good thing seeing that I'm a nurse LOL). Everyone I know, but one, who's tried it hasn't been able to tolerate it well.

</div>
August 31st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hmmm ok..guess that was just a fad a few years back. I usedto do the Suzanne Somers diet and loved it. It was similar, but carbs were allowed seperately.
August 31st, 2006, 08:07 PM
KAY MOM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried the Atkins diet about 2 years ago but only did it for 2 weeks. I lost 8 lbs in those 2 weeks but it was sooo hard. The first couple of days I had headaches and was shaking but after a couple a days that went away but it was still hard to cut out carbs. If your able to cut down on carbs then it would work for you if not I wouldn't even try. GL I hope you find a diet that works for you.

September 1st, 2006, 07:26 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
Cyndee took the words right out of my mouth. I took a nutrition class last semester and learned the same thing. I wouldn't do, the risks far outweigh the benefits. I did Weight Watchers for a long time and had tremendous luck with it.
September 1st, 2006, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have struggled with my weight my whole life (mostly I just cant "weight" to eat LOL). I have tried every diet you can think of but the worse for me was the Atkins. Don't get me wrong, I lost weight, about 30 lbs. I was miserable. I was sick, I had bowel problems, dizziness and forgetfulness. I don't recommend it.

My favorite program is Body for Life.
Body For Life Program
Sure it's a lot of work but I didn't find it too hard to do. I lost 50 lbs but noticed such a difference in my body. They have recipes on their website to help you plan your meals. I learned how to cook healthy meals for myself and my family and noticed a difference in them also. I plan to start a 12 week program again as soon as I can.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 3rd, 2006, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have struggled with my weight my whole life (mostly I just cant "weight" to eat LOL). I have tried every diet you can think of but the worse for me was the Atkins. Don't get me wrong, I lost weight, about 30 lbs. I was miserable. I was sick, I had bowel problems, dizziness and forgetfulness. I don't recommend it.

Body For Life Program
Sure it's a lot of work but I didn't find it too hard to do. I lost 50 lbs but noticed such a difference in my body. They have recipes on their website to help you plan your meals. I learned how to cook healthy meals for myself and my family and noticed a difference in them also. I plan to start a 12 week program again as soon as I can.[/b]
Thanks so much for this post! That website is fantastic!
September 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

Body For Life Program
Sure it's a lot of work but I didn't find it too hard to do. I lost 50 lbs but noticed such a difference in my body. They have recipes on their website to help you plan your meals. I learned how to cook healthy meals for myself and my family and noticed a difference in them also. I plan to start a 12 week program again as soon as I can.[/b]
Thanks so much for this post! That website is fantastic!
[/b]
Your welcome. Let me know if you decide to try it. I have lots of helpful hints to get you through the plan. I have actully suggested quite a few recipes to their website and they have all been BFL authorized. This becomes more of a lifestyle and that is what makes it work better than just a "diet".

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search