Just some thoughts/questions for the night....

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Do you believe that psychics or mediums (like John Edwards, I think is his name..) really do have a 6th sense and/or can communicate with those who have passed on? I'm not sure if I believe in mediums/psychics or not, I think a lot of them are just phonies looking for money. Although there was that one psychic on Regis and Kelly that "read" that Kelly was pregnant with her first baby and it was true and she hadn't told anyone!! And it was live TV... hmmmm....

2. Do you or anyone you know have a sort of 6th sense about things? Do you ever experience a "deja-vu"? Do you believe in haunted houses?

Okay, I'm gonna sound a little nutty here but I believe I do have somewhat of a 6th sense about houses...when I first met my DH at his house at the time (on our first date), when I walked in, I automatically was struck by the feeling that a tramatic death had occurred there and there was a malevolent, angry presence there. (I know it sounds corny...it wasn't even an old, old house??) Eventually my DS and I moved in with my DH (then BF) and weird things kept happening like my DS who was 2yo would tell me about this boy he was playing with upstairs. My DH finally told me that a 10yo boy had hung himself and died on the kitchen countertop in the house right before he got it. I found the boy's grave and his picture is exactly as my DS described him at the time!!!! Thank God we bought a house across town after a couple of years!!

3. Have you read any good books lately you could recommend? I haven't read any I would recommend lately, but I will tell you I was disappointed with Danielle Steele's lastest book "The House"..I usually love her stuff but this was too rambling and drawn out.

4. What book/books could you recommend for my 6th grade DS? I'm running out of ideas.

OKAY...my imagination is running wild tonight!!! Just as soon as I typed the part about having a 6th sense, a big box fan that is running upstairs for "white noise" to keep the kids asleep just fell over and made a loud "BOOM!" for no apparent reason and then my black cat started clawing at the wall...ugh.... I just need to go to bed! LOL I'm getting spooked!

February 22nd, 2007, 12:47 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Do you believe that psychics or mediums (like John Edwards, I think is his name..) really do have a 6th sense and/or can communicate with those who have passed on?
~ I definately believe that some people are more in tune and naturally psychic, though I agree there are lots of phonies looking for money. I also believe you can learn these skills and become more in tune yourself with enough determination, focus and willpower.

2. Do you or anyone you know have a sort of 6th sense about things? Do you ever experience a "deja-vu"? Do you believe in haunted houses?
~ Yes to all three! My DH often gets these "feelings" around certain locations and objects. I wish I was more naturally sensitive like that! We once had a very scary experience with an ouija board not long after we first got together. Somehow, we ended up conversing to a spirit who turned out to be not nice in the least. I'm positive we haunted that house to this day and I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

3. Have you read any good books lately you could recommend?
~ I just finished Kushiel's Scion, by Jacqueline Carey and highly enjoyed it. I would recommend starting with the first book in her fantasy series though! Awesome stuff!

4. What book/books could you recommend for my 6th grade DS?
~ The Giver by Lois Lowry and Call of the Wild by Jack London. Branden loved both these books!

February 22nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
1. I do believe in psychics. I think there are phonies out there who are in it just for the money just as with anything.

2. I don't want to sound totally crazy today so I will just leave this one alone.

3. I just finished Lisa Garner's Gone which was very good. Prior to that was Nora Robert's Sweet Revenge very good also. I just got the new JD Robb Born in Death and I can't wait to start it. I wish DH was home this weekend because I would totally go somewhere hide and read.

4. I have no earthly idea. Ask me again when Annika hits 6th grade

February 22nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Do you believe that psychics or mediums (like John Edwards, I think is his name..) really do have a 6th sense and/or can communicate with those who have passed on?I believe, but again I agree there are a lot of fakers working for money out there.

I believe in haunted houses, never lived in one. Lots of deja-vu! When I was in 6th grade my best friend asked me once if when I was in bed at night did the shadow lady come and tuck me in and kiss me goodnight? I had no idea what she ment, she told me eveynight a lady made of shadow tucked her in and sat in the corner and watched her sleep and that she was really nice and rubbed her back if she felt sick. 2 years later when we turned 13 her mom told her she was now old enough to know that she wasnt her real mom, she was her Aunt, and that Brandy's mom had been a drug addict who died when she was a baby. She had been trying to get clean and loved her baby very nuch, but she had so many problems, she didnt make it. I always remember her talking about the shadow lady when we were younger........

3. Have you read any good books lately you could recommend? I just finished Song of Kahunsha and it was so very very sad I wont recomend it, even though it was beautifuly written. It was about an orphan in Bombay.

4. What book/books could you recommend for my 6th grade DS? I'm running out of ideas. Oh! There are a few good Canadain books Travis liked t that age. "Irish Chain" is a historical book for kids and anything by Gordan Korman- he is a great writeer for adolestent boys..some are really funny and then some action adventure stuff, like "Son of the Mob" and his "everest" trilogy too!

February 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Quote:
I believe in haunted houses, never lived in one. Lots of deja-vu! When I was in 6th grade my best friend asked me once if when I was in bed at night did the shadow lady come and tuck me in and kiss me goodnight? I had no idea what she ment, she told me eveynight a lady made of shadow tucked her in and sat in the corner and watched her sleep and that she was really nice and rubbed her back if she felt sick. 2 years later when we turned 13 her mom told her she was now old enough to know that she wasnt her real mom, she was her Aunt, and that Brandy's mom had been a drug addict who died when she was a baby. She had been trying to get clean and loved her baby very nuch, but she had so many problems, she didnt make it. I always remember her talking about the shadow lady when we were younger........[/b]
Just got goosebumps. I remember staying the night with a friend of mine when i was younger. They never told me about their "Ghost". I was on my way back from the bathroom when I "met" her. She was just standing in the hallway and I just kind of turned around and went the long way back to her room. After I crawled back into bed with my friend she asked me if I met Mavis. I told her I had and thanks for the forewarning. She said that she was friendly and caused no harm. It took me a while before I would stay the night with her again.

February 23rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts, stories and book recommendations!! I enjoyed reading them all....the GHOST POSTS SCARED ME!!!! I have to share those with my DH. He says he's seen an old lady in a nightgown in our house before a number of times but she's nice!!! Our house is 100+ years old so no telling....

Just before I decided to pop in here for a few minutes, I was looking through some new digital pictures on my computer....there were 2 ORBS above my DS's head and I've never had that happen before. It kinda freaked me out, especially since my grandpa just passed away a month ago. WEIRD....my imagination is out of control, I think....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search