dreaming of spring........

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love the cold weather but for some reason this year i am really wanting it to be spring! i want to work in my little yard, honestly it looked like crap in 2006. with the new baby i just wasnt on top of it and then we let our lawn die.......so ugly! this year i want to make it look nice. we are in a townhouse and have suck a small yard i have no reason not to have ot perfect. i did find out that lilly of the valley is really poisonous and i have a tonn of it, so i will rip that out first thing......ben explores the world with his mouth still.

are any of youy looking forward to planting flowers?

March 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm definately looking forward to spring! I have all these big fancy pots I'd like to plant lots of pretty flowers in for our patio. Whether I actually get to it is another story.

March 4th, 2007, 09:33 AM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sooo ready for spring, I could cry! I like to be outdoors, and the kids and I have been in this house for weeks, it seems. We just got another inch of snow overnight and it's cold and windy today again. Just too bitter outside to be out for long. I think I will take my toddler out for 15 minutes just to get some fresh air. Please hurry up spring!!!

I hadn't been able to do much in our yard the past 2 years because of my toddler, but this year I have big plans. I'm gonna plant a few more bushes and a couple trees, more flowers and put in a new swingset.

March 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
blythe- sounds like you have some big plans! we have a little tree in the backyard- a japanese maple we planted 2 years ago but no space for another....what do you like to put in your pots lee? i just ordered some magnus echinacea (spelling!) to go at the front of our house......

March 5th, 2007, 08:23 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Quote:
magnus echinacea (spelling!)[/b]
I think those are the same as our purple coneflowers. They are beautiful when they bloom. Echinacea is a good cold/ flu preventive. I granny use to make tea out o fit for us kids when cold/ flu season came about.

Is the back space of your townhouse fenced like with a privacy fence? When I lived in my townhouse I used window boxes and affixed them to the fence. Added color to a tiny space.

We are still needing to finish out back yard from Hurricane Ivan. We just haven't had the time or the fundage. I think this year though we are really going to work on it.

March 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
i forgot they are also cone flowers- much easier for me to spell!

we are all fenced in, for a small yard its pretty cool.......what kind of dammage do you have from the hurricane?

March 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Quote:
we are all fenced in, for a small yard its pretty cool.......what kind of dammage do you have from the hurricane?[/b]
Our back yard looked like someone went through with a bull dozer and pushed down a lot of our trees. We got a lot cleaned up right after but there is still work to be done. We also need to rebuild our privacy fence.

My back yard of my townhouse was small also and the window boxes were the ticket for sprucing it up.

March 6th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Holley~ Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you had such damage. Hopefully no more hurricanes!

And I really have no clue what to plant. I really like colourful flowers that are easy to care for and can take a day or two of me forgetting to water them in high summer. Any suggestions?

March 7th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Holley~ Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you had such damage. Hopefully no more hurricanes!

And I really have no clue what to plant. I really like colourful flowers that are easy to care for and can take a day or two of me forgetting to water them in high summer. Any suggestions? [/b]
We will see about the hurricannes for this year. I am not looking forward to it though. It's alway hit or miss. For two years in a row we got hit bad then last year was quiet.

I will talk to my mom. She use to work in a nursery so she would know what plants are easy to care for. Is your back yard shaded?

March 8th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Well hopefully it will be a long line of misses for you now!

That would be very cool, thanks! It's semi shaded and very humid during summer.

Edited because I just can't spell. Ugh!!!

March 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM
i have to pick plants for full sun and very dry,
lee, what about pansies? they are very colourful and always get too leggy for me- too much sun here........

March 10th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I just looked up some pictures of pansies and wow! They are so pretty and very colourful alright!!! Now I just need to go shopping!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search