A Mother's Prayers

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2007, 08:08 PM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are actual prayers that I said either silently or aloud today. Do you ever say similar prayers I can add to my collection? Come on, gimme something here ....I feel kinda like an ogre mom today!!

"Dear God, please forgive me for cussing a whole bunch when I asked my 12yo DS to bring our pizza in from the van and he carried it in the house with the box upside down and ruined the toppings. The irony was not lost when I saw what was happening just as I reached my hand into my purse and jabbed my hand with the safety pin that was holding the cute picture of him with his soccer uniform on....."

"Dear God please help me to be more patient with my boys and give me strength and knowledge how to raise these boys right because today I just don't know if I'm up to being a mother to 2 boys at all.....also forgive me for silently calling my 12yo DS an 'idiot' when I asked him to bring me his 2yo brother's library books from their communal library bag and he asked me 'which ones are they?' and I kinda yelled "Well, yours are chapter books and his books are board books with one word per page (insert silent 'IDIOT' here)!!!!!!"

"Dear God I hope my DS didn't hear me in the kitchen when I said I wished I'd had a daughter because I know both genders of children can be difficult to raise at different points in time. I just got so frustrated when I asked him to get out a can of chicken noodle soup from the cupboard and he said he couldn't find it and as it turned out, it was 10 inches from his face like everything else is when I ask him to get something. (This must be a male syndrome of sorts because my DH does the same thing and so do my brothers and nephews. Drives me crazy....umm, here's a thought, guys...try actually LOOKING!!! )

Okay, now that I just posted these I feel really sad, like crying ...I feel like a bad mom this week. I guess it's because I have been trying to take care of everybody when they have the flu and I've been sick too and nobody takes care of me and I resent it!!!! My boys have been terrible and I'm trying to just feel better....

Sorry for the long post....

March 12th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

you are a GREAT mommy who is having a bad day, bad week because you have been sick. i love my travis to bits and have wanted to ask him what the heck happened to his brain many times! male refridgerator blindness is a disease and applies to cupboards too......I am afriad that wont get better with time Being the mom of boys is a huge gift. When a teenage girl will scream and yell and call her mom a B*&^%, your son will give you big sweaty hugs and brag to his friends you make the best hamburgers ever. It sucks that you still have to parent when you are trying to get feeling better. I hope you get a really good nights sleep and dont beat yourself up, we have all been there and understand.........

March 13th, 2007, 12:58 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

HUGE

Please try not to knock yourself down because you are a wonderful mom! And believe me, every parent feels that way at times! Some days more so then others!!! I'm STILL wondering where my sanity and patience disappeared too!

March 13th, 2007, 07:00 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy

Honey you are a wonderful mom. I have to send up little prayers to God also along those lines. I have to ask HIM to please give me the patience not to yell at Annika, she is still a baby. I have to ask HIM to give me the strength not to wring Brandon's neck for overdrawing his account AGAIN and we have to bail him out. I am forever sending up little "Patience Prayers" as I love to call them. They are what keeps our sanity and keeps us from going postal on our family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search