Games...

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
What game systems do your children have/ play? Are you very particular about what games they are allowed to play?

Annika only has a Leapster so there isn't any thing bad with that. Brandon on the other hand has XBOX 360. I don't even want to think of the games that boy is playing.

March 13th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Jendaly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Jendaly Send a message via Yahoo to Jendaly
Justin has playstation 1 in his room and that only has education games for it. Playstation 2 and Xbox are in the Family room and he can only play those with DH. We just bought him Guitar Hero this weekend for the Playstation 2 and I have to say it is really addicting (for mommy!!)
March 13th, 2007, 08:41 PM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DS has a Game Cube that is really old and he'll probably want something else for his BDay this year. I won't let him get some of the Teen rated games or the Mature ones for sure. He has mostly race car games or cartoon games like Mario.

March 14th, 2007, 03:41 PM
When Brandon lived with us he was very limited as to what games he could play. Now he plays things like Grand Theft Auto and some other kill everyone games. Drives me nuts.

March 15th, 2007, 01:07 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Branden has a Playstation 2 in his room and Cam has a Gamecube in his. And we have the family game room equipped with an Xbox 360 and soon to add a Playstation 3. We're kinda big on gaming here.

DH and I are pretty lenient about what games the kids are allowed to play, minus afew titles. And the adult only games are played after bedtime or when the kids are otherwise occupied. B)

ETA: Here's a great link to many interesting articles on the benefits of gaming.

http://sandradodd.com/videogames

March 15th, 2007, 08:13 AM
DH is a big gamer but we limit what Brandon plays when Annika is around. My only hold back on the games that he is playing is because he has a little brother at home who is 6. I don't think the games Brandon plays are appropriate for Emil to be watching while he plays.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search