QOTD: 03/27/07

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2007, 07:27 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
My neighbor (whom I don't care for but feel sorry for) is have her baby this morning. When I left for work her husband was in the driveway talking on his cell phone. This is her fourth child. 2nd with him but he was working out of town for their first child togethers birth. This is his first time beign really with her while she was pregnant and can be there for the birth. All long he said she can call him when she has the baby.

QOTD:

How would you feel if your DH/ SO was not there for you when you were having your baby?

To be totally honest, I think DH would be a dead man. The only excuse not to be there is Deployment, death or some kind of serious injury.

March 27th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Rebecca^'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rebecca^ Send a message via MSN to Rebecca^ Send a message via Yahoo to Rebecca^
oh yeah, if my man is local he better be there or he is seriously a dead man, no excuses. deployment is another story.
March 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Quote:
oh yeah, if my man is local he better be there or he is seriously a dead man, no excuses. deployment is another story.[/b]
Deployment isn't an option as we all know all to well.

March 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM
blythe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There was this guy I was kinda seeing a long time ago..before my DH and I got together. He and I were both recently divorced and both had a child. He was wonderful in so many ways seemingly...good job, nice looking, good with kids and really liked kids (He taught at the same school I did...), etc BUT one day, we got on the topic of labor and delivery somehow and he said he just couldn't handle being in the delivery room with his exwife when she had their daughter, he told me how he had been at a restaurant and she called when it was over and the whole topic turned me OFF to him !!!!! After that, I didn't see him in a romantic kind of way anymore and broke it off with him, although we were still colleagues and kinda friends. He ended up moving to another school district the next year.

When I am at my weakest points in life, I need a man to stand beside me...I knew he wasn't gonna be that man. Fortunately, my DH is a very strong man in the emotional sense and helps me feel better when I'm low or afraid or upset ...

March 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Jendaly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Jendaly Send a message via Yahoo to Jendaly
I have never heard of something so obsurd in all my life, especially since they are married!!! There are those dead beats out there that abandon the mothers of their babies, but a MARRIED man. I am just shaking my head in astonishment!!
March 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would be so upset to be alone in labour.....that would have to be an amazing excuse!

Heather, glad you met a good one

March 28th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Quote:
When I am at my weakest points in life, I need a man to stand beside me...I knew he wasn't gonna be that man. Fortunately, my DH is a very strong man in the emotional sense and helps me feel better when I'm low or afraid or upset ...[/b]
I'm glad that you found such a wonderful man. I could not imagine laboring alone with out your mate. My sister had my dad in the delivery room with her because the sperm donor was just that.

March 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
To be totally honest, I think DH would be a dead man. The only excuse not to be there is Deployment, death or some kind of serious injury. [/b]
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search