Something Fishy

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2007, 07:09 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Do you and your family eat seafood? What is a family favorite or a favorite among the adults? How often do you each seafood? Do you prepare it yourself or only if you are out to eat?

We are seafoodaholics. Not that it is a problem though. I am a HUGE crab legs fan and DH will eat just about anything. Annika loves when we make fresh fish. We do a little of both. I love to blacken Tilapia and bake other kinds of fish. We don't eat it out very often because it doesn't seem fresh enough, kwim?

April 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you and your family eat seafood? What is a family favorite or a favorite among the adults? How often do you each seafood? Do you prepare it yourself or only if you are out to eat?
We are not seafood eaters. My DH loves it but not me so if he wants it he has to get it when we eat out

April 4th, 2007, 10:45 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also LOVE seafood here! The family fav's are baked salmon, garlic butter prawns, and deep fried halibut... but I'll eat just about anything excluding oysters! The boys really love pan fried sole too. And we almost always prepare it ourselves. Nothing beats fresh! Though I admit to sometimes cooking with Captain Highliner, hehe!

April 5th, 2007, 07:11 AM
DH loves raw oysters. *blech* I will eat them if they are in a dip and steamed. I will also eat oyster Rockefellers but not plain and not raw. I wouldn't go near seafood while I was pregnant because everyone told me it would cause my unborn child harm. I craved it worse then.

April 5th, 2007, 11:31 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just make sure it's very well cooked. No sushi for me.

April 7th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am deathly allergic to seafood....shrimp, crabs, lobster, scallops. so not only can I not eat them, no one around me can either because I am contact anaphylactic. I can eat regular fish though, I love salmon on a BBQ....yum!

April 9th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Jendaly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Jendaly Send a message via Yahoo to Jendaly
I HATE seafood. DH and DS love it. Once a year, usually on DH's b-day, we usually go to some seafood restuarant. I gag the whole time!! Just the smell of it is gross enough, but then I have to watch them eat it!!YUCK!!
April 9th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Quote:
I am deathly allergic to seafood....shrimp, crabs, lobster, scallops. so not only can I not eat them, no one around me can either because I am contact anaphylactic. I can eat regular fish though, I love salmon on a BBQ....yum![/b]
I could not even imagine. I would be lost if I developed an alergy to shellfish. I did develope an allergy to Mangos and those are my favorite fruit.

April 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks about the mangos! I didnt develop my allergy until I was 19 or so, I used to love seafood.

April 10th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Quote:
That sucks about the mangos! I didnt develop my allergy until I was 19 or so, I used to love seafood.[/b]
Oh it does. For a while I could take Benydryl and eat Mangos now that doesn't even work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search