What's your favorite thing ...

Forum: Widely Spaced Siblings

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Widely Spaced Siblings LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
AndoriaC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
About having Widely Spaced Siblings?

--------------------

I love that I got to enjoy all the time with Angel when she was little, and that I can enjoy that time with Alana as well WITHOUT it really affecting my time with Angel any, since she is in school during the day. And it is so much fun watching Angel with her little sister now!!

Click For My Digital Scrapbook Blog</div>
December 19th, 2007, 02:27 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
We are a little different. We are a blended widely spaced. I came into Brandon's life when he was 9 so I had about 7 years to really get to know him and spend time with him before we had Annika. I think the advantage to that was Brandon knew I loved him and spent time with him before bringing another child into the picture.

December 22nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
alb1382's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
About having Widely Spaced Siblings?

--------------------

I love that I got to enjoy all the time with Angel when she was little, and that I can enjoy that time with Alana as well WITHOUT it really affecting my time with Angel any, since she is in school during the day. And it is so much fun watching Angel with her little sister now!![/b]
Your response pretty much wraps up everything I was going to say...I got so much one on one baby time with savannah and then really got to enjoy the same with Lucas since savannah was so much older and in school. I love it! Plus...less fights over toys as they don't play with the same things...usually
January 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto! i love the gap between our kids.

January 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
karri's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to karri
free babysitter, lol...
January 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha Karri, how do you mannage to get the babysitting for FREE???

February 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I love that I got to enjoy all the time with Angel when she was little, and that I can enjoy that time with Alana as well WITHOUT it really affecting my time with Angel any, since she is in school during the day. And it is so much fun watching Angel with her little sister now!!

That does say it all!!! Thats exactly what my favorite thing is!! Well, plus it's a lot easier to have a older child and a younger child VS children who are ya know a year apart in age lol.

Facebook
March 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Like everyone else said being able to focus on both of them and not have to give up attention with each one individually.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
March 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
mommyreb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyreb
I have to agree with what everyone has said already! I love that I got to spend time with just Mckenna and now that she is in school I have time for just Omar.
I have to say that when I had a month between her starting school and me having the baby and I got to relax I was thinking to myself, I could get used to this! Oh well, in another 5 years!

Thanks for my siggy Steph2007!

March 28th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Mommy2n1
Each of mine got plenty of alone time with mommy. I loved that My first 2 were 4 years apart because Sean was the only baby for those 4 years, then when Traci came along Sean was old enough to really understand and enjoy having a baby sister. Traci was the baby for 7 years and then really loved going to the dr with me and watching as Keira developed. She loves to help out with Keira too. I think if I had a baby much sooner Traci would have had a harder time adjusting. It was just the right time for us!
May 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is great!! My Kids were all spaced out pretty good! Plenty of time to enjoy the Babie stages with each of them...Really each stage..They have always been at different stages in their lives then the others! I like that!!

August 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
eco-baby's Avatar Regular
Yup you all said it! I love that my girl is indipendant now, I got to spend alot of quality time with her and watch her grow up and now I get to spend alot of quality time with my son and still can spend time with my girl...there's no jealousy too (there was a bit at first but she's old enough that I can explain to her what's going on)...I'm really loving the age gap (8 years) I was nervous at first but I'm loving it now! Oh and she hangs with him while I do laundry and stuff which rocks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search