How long did it take you to finish the nursery?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM
littlebabydolly
How long did it take you to finish the nursery? How far along were you when it was complete?

Of course I am here only at 6 weeks and worrying about getting ideas together and it done. I mean, there is an actual deadline to deal with! haha!
April 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it took me 10 weeks but we also did some MAJOR work (had to retexture walls/ceiling and patch big holes)

April 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DD#1, we bought the bedding as soon as we found out we were having a girl. Then bought the crib the next month and painted too. So really, no time at all. It was finished when I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant.

This time, I'm already 30 1/2 weeks... and we still need to paint one wall, get valances for 4 windows in the baby's room, and long curtains to cover the windows in the double doors at the entry of the baby's room. Then we'll add the finishing touches, like hanging up the quilt rack on the wall and putting the letters for baby's name on the wall too. We don't have too much more to do... we'll probably finish it next month, one month (or even a couple weeks) before delivery.
April 13th, 2008, 09:16 AM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still painting, and I started a week ago today. I am doing it by myself, and also work 50 hours a week, so that is why it is taking me so long. I'm doing it by myself on my own choice though; I'm afraid that someone else will get it wrong LOL I'm kinda like that... my dad is going to help me with the stripes and border though, I just need to get the base color down.

I have all the bedding and accessories, but most of it was collected through the years so I am not sure what to say about how long it took me to get that together. I just bought the few last finishing touches off of ebay. So once it is painted and we get the furniture all set up, we won't have much else to do but fill in all of our stuff.

I am amazed at those home makeover shows where they completely redesign a whole room in a day or two... some of them in a matter of hours!!!

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
April 15th, 2008, 07:43 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
With DS #1 I was done when I was 6 mths pg. With DS #2 since we didnt know what he was.. I finished about 1 mth before he was due.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
*bump*

It took me about 6 weeks to put together each nursery for each of my newborns.

Many people don't get their nursery completed until after the baby is here (especially if it is a surprise-gender baby and the mom personalizes the nursery for a boy or girl and with his or her name after the baby is born).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search