How much?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2008, 06:13 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you spend on your nursery??? Did you have a budget? Did you think after purchasing the crib & changetable that you didn't want to spend so much? What did you leave out?

For those of you (including myself), do you have an idea of how much you want to spend when you start your nursery? Will you get everything that your friend or family member has in their baby's nursery?

May 1st, 2008, 01:27 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Oh man.. Hmm.. Well we don't have an honest nursery, it's in our room but we wanted to buy all the nursery stuff anyway. We spent 200 something on the crib, but it's a 4 in one so it was WELL worth it. We don't need a changing table we can change her anywhere so we saved on that. The rest of the nursery items we got or are getting are the bedding set, matching mobile, lamp, rug, diaper stacker.. I WANT the wall stickies too but I don't know if they will mess up the walls when I take them off. So those things are about 20 bucks a piece, roughly..

The other big stuff is what killed us though lol. We have a cradle bouncer and matching playmat. And then our swing, stroller/carseat, high chair all match too. Those were kinda up there in price. It's worth it in my opinion I hate it when things don't match, and I'm very pleased and satisfied with where our money is going

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
honestly, I'm scared to add it all up! I've bought a little here and there so that it didn't take such a toll on our pocketbooks, and we got the things we really wanted. We haven't bought the furniture yet, because we will be having the baby sleep in our room with us at first, and we have other more pressing financial matters (like our wedding, and getting a baby safe car) but we are looking at a set that is $800, which includes the crib, changing table and dresser, and shipping. I'm looking at a book case that is $100, and am planning on spending about $300 on a glider. My dad is making the cradle that we will be using the first few months, so that is a gift and we don't need a bassinet.

so furniture looks like it will be about $1200

As far as paint, decorations, and bedding goes.. geeze, I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around $500. I've bought a lot of things over several years, so I'm really not sure! $500 sounds about right though, when you consider the paint and the crib set, plus all the "extras" that I don't really need, but I thought was cute.

I didn't base my nursery items on what others have in their nursery, because I find that everyone needs different things. I for one, NEED a changing table. My sister, does not, so she doesn't have one. She NEEDS a diaper genie, and I do not, so I am not getting one. It all depends on how you operate, I think!

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
May 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I really have no idea how much I spent on DD's nursery and I have no idea how much the new nursery will cost me. I figure I will only get to do this twice in my life and it's such a joy that I'm not going to short change myself. With that being said, I still try to buy many things on sale, discounted, or with coupons when available. And, I don't regret how much I've spent on either nursery.

And, I didn't base what to put in my nursery off of any other family or friend's nursery. Often, my style, needs, and wants are completely different than theirs.
May 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We didn't really have a budget, but knew we didn't want to spend a TON of money, as we wouldn't be able to afford that. I did kind of have in mind that I didn't want to spend more than $400 on a crib, but then we fell in love with one that was a bit more expensive and had to buy it. We went over and spent $550 on the crib, but it was sooooo worth it. We even bought the same crib for our second child.

I guess we did save money on the dressers/changing table because I had two very nice dressers that I wanted to pass down to my children from when I was a little girl. So, we didn't spend money on those two items.

As far as bedding goes, both girls bedding (4 piece sets) were just under $200, plus we bought room decorations, a rug, etc. We also bought a glider & ottoman for each bedroom.

For us, it wasn't really about sticking to a strict budget. It was just knowing what we could afford and getting what we liked. We didn't want to settle, but we know how to live within our means.
May 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no I definately didn't make a budget,, I'm not the budget type lol... I just bought stuff for it until i was satisfied I guess. . .

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 10th, 2008, 02:06 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I'm sure we'll end up getting what we like and what will work in our home and in the room, pending how big/small the room is. I will try to stick to a budget and not buy spend like over $300 on each piece, if that makes sense. We already have a crib I got for $30 basically brand new too!

May 12th, 2008, 04:31 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I dont even know. The crib and changing table for DS #1's nursery were bought by my MIL. The dressers and such we already had. FIL got the rocker. So what we got were just added decoritve stuff. My Mother bought the bedding.

As with DS #2. The crib was borrowed. the changing table was DS #1s. we had the dresser already. My mom bought the beddin again. Just the decorative stuffwas bought by us again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
May 18th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
My son's crib was $400 - his dresser was $200
the bedding was $200

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
May 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have spent very minimally but I LOVE the stuff we have.

I got a Classic Pooh Bedding set, mobile, lamp, curtain, rug and nightlight all for $35 second-hand.

Classic Pooh soft wall hangings (a big quilted Pooh Bear, Honey Pots, and a medium Pooh hanging from a red balloon) and a Classic Pooh Tapestry off Ebay for $40 all together

A Pooh Bear Piggy Bank for $8 from Walmart

A Graco Pack n' Play that is sage green for $60 on clearance at Kmart.

A Graco Pack n' Play Family Tree theme swing ($25), highchair ($25) and stroller ($20) that were 75% off at Target. I also have the matching carseat that was my SILs, so that was free.

A Pooh umbrella stroller I picked up for $3 at a yard sale that is in PERFECT condition. I also have a Tiny Love playmat and a Baby Einstein playmat that were $5 each second-hand.

We already have a dresser and an armoire in the nursery.

Basically the only big things we need are a crib and changing table. (Well we don't NEED the changing table, so we may not get it.)

I'm not sure how much I'll pay for the crib but so far we are only at about $225. Not to bad I don't think!
May 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I havent finished yet.. but so far..

The nursery furniture (crib, dresser, and armoir) was roughly $1,000.00

The bedding was around $150.00

Paint and supplies were about $150.00 (I painted it twice though, didnt like the first color)

All I really have to do now is buy the window treatments, a lamp or two, the glider/ottoman, and some kind of storage system for the closet (cute little baskets or whatnot)

May 27th, 2008, 02:44 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
We don't have a budget yet, but I'm sure we will make one up. I will want everything to be perfect, and will probably buy everything that I *think* we need. DF will probably try to convince me otherwise! lol
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

May 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
littlebabydolly
The crib and changer I want is $350ish together. ... but the bedding I want is over $500! I also like a glider that is $550ish. There is a book shelf I want that is about $250. A rug might be anywhere from $30-200 depending on what I can find. I'm sure I can spend another good $500 on accessories too. So maybe $2000 but I hope not to top that budget.
July 2nd, 2008, 03:21 AM
Novietaaa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't have a budget. We just went out and bought it. haha

The furniture costed us €800,-
The wallpaper and paint costed us €100,-

And we got everything else.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search