Progress update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM
OpheliaLoved's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone posts pictures of their finished rooms, but I thought that I would like to share all the steps in between too. I am working really really hard on Jonah's room, and want to share the process with everyone. I hope you ladies don't mind I've posted pictures in the past of what the room looked like before we started; it was purple and very girly. I hardly recognize the room anymore, and it isn't even finished! Here is our progress so far:

These pictures are of our nursery as of Saturday morning (July 19th) The theme is Music, and we're using the John Lennon carter's line to pull everything together

My dad painting the striped wall. I wouldn't be able to have such a beautiful room if it weren't for my dad and my brothers' help.

the finished wall:

The dresser... this was the biggest pain to put together!! It took me three weeks, and many curse words, to finally get it together. I usually love putting furniture together but this one was ridiculous!!! The drawers still weren't put together yet

The pull-up mirror. My dad also installed this for us. I absolutely love it, and hope Jonah feels the same. His play mat will be right in front of the mirror, and it is where we'll do tummy time and play time

We've been working really hard yesterday and today to get things finished in the room, so it looks a lot different today than yesterday! I want to wait until a couple more details are done before I take pictures of the work we've accomplished this weekend. Hopefully I'll have those by tomorrow!

Thanks for letting me share!

<div align="center"></div>
July 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I love it!! it is looking really nice
Where did you find that dresser? It is part of the set to my crib but EVERYONE is sold out of it
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
July 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Love the color blue and those stripes!! Good job~

July 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks

I bought the dresser from walmart.com I also saw the same dresser at Burlington Coat Factory, but they only had it in honey finish or something like that, no cherry.

July 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
The room looks SPECTACULAR so far! Very cute idea with the mirror and bar!

July 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you make the mirror? How did you do it? I'd LOVE to buy one or get directions for that

I really love the entire room!

July 20th, 2008, 07:46 PM
The mirror came from Kaplan, a company that sells materials and furniture for preschools and daycares. I work in the nursery of a preschool center, and all the parents tell us that if they could have one thing from our room put in their home it would be the pull up mirror, and honestly the kids at the center love it so much I had to have one for my own child. It's hours of entertainment for the kids and the teachers!

Really it is just two pieces of reflective plexiglass, and a bar in the middle. My dad said he could build one easily but he is building the cradle too, so I decided to just spend the extra money for the convenience of just hanging it on the wall. If you have someone who is really handy, they could probably build one for you for much cheaper than what Kaplan sells it for. I ordered my from Kaplan's website, and it was one of the biggest splurges for the room. The only thing is, when you put in your credit card info into the website, you have to put your name into where it says "preschool name" You might also be able to get it from a daycare that is going out of business or moving to a new site. I know a lot of times they sell their furniture and supplies, but you have to be lucky enough to find one that is going out of business.

July 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to kassandra44
I love the mirror, never seen someting like it befor!!
July 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it!!! I can't wait to see it all finished!!!

July 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Looks great so far, love the mirror

July 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM
luvbeingamama's Avatar Regular
WOW! This is inspiring me to get moving on mine!!

July 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That looks great! I LOVE the mirror!

Thank you Stephanne (Samuelsmommy) for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search