Need Painting Ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the bedding that I am ordering.

Just figured I'd drop by this board and ask for some advice.
Our Baby Girl is going to be in my room, but I still want to do some kind of nursery for her on her side. I don't want anything to look "babish" Does anyone have any suggestions on what color to paint my room? I think I kind of want to do two colors, make the main wall vertical stripes or something. I'm doing it this week, and I need to get the paint tomorrow. HELP..... I'm so stuck. I'm not good at color coordinating. Any suggestions would be great, TIA

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
maybe cream or light tan walls

August 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I would try to match the paint up to the bedding set...paint the wall a cream or a tad bit off white color and do a stripe with the pink color.
August 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The vertical stripes idea sounds good, but might be a little 'busy'. If that makes sense.

I would paint the room the same colour on all walls. A beige, but not LIGHT. A medium toned colour, so that it doesn't look too washed next to the bedding. Since the bedding does have dark tones. Then, so that you have that 'spot' for her, hang those wall decorations around the crib, but not too close, and possibly do her name too, if you're planning on that. If not, I suggest a few little shelves, with picture frames on them, or even block letters that spell out 'baby' and 'girl'.

That's what I'd do. I'd have to do the same sort of idea if I were to have a baby right now, so I'm thinking about what I'd do.

August 8th, 2008, 02:05 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very cute! I'd do 1/2 the wall cream, 1/2 the wall light pink.
August 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
yeah i agree with Erica on that one

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search