Need some nursery help

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Shyann's_Mommy09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First of all has anyone on here ever made their own nursery bedding?

I had it all in my head that I really wanted to make this babys nursery set, I love sewing and thought it would be something really neat to make for my baby.

Well since Friday when we found out it was a girl Ive been really changing my mind about it. I really want to buy it......I think mostly because the little girl stuff is so cute and way better than anything I could make myself.

DH and I have been going back and forth on this all weekend and its really bugging me. He dosent want her room to be pink which is fine with me, the colors I had in mind were purple and green anyway...obviously with a little pink but not like the main color......and definitely not the wall color.

Well when we were looking for fabric to go with my colors we couldnt find anything in a cute pattern that would really work. I did find a quilt kit that used the colors but we couldnt find any other patterns to go with it and I really didn't want to just do solids.

Then DH found pink camo and now he is like dead set on her having either a pink camo nursery or a pink John Deer nursery....I love him to death but I just don't want it to be that plain. I had my heart set on flowers and butterflies.

I had thought we planned on a Classic Winnie The Pooh nursery since they had very cute material at Jo Ann Fabrics that I really liked but not I don't think he likes that idea anymore and I cant get him to think of anything other than his camo and John Deer.

So in the situation do you think its worth me making it or do you think we should just buy it?

I have at least 5 sets that I love, not in my colors but still pretty and in our price range ($100 or less) one of them is the Fisher Price Rainforest set they made for little girls......we plan to get the whole Rainforest set like high chair, bouncer, swing, and what not and I thought it would be cute to keep with that same theme. I'm just so confused and torn in a million directions I have no idea how to set it all out and decide on something.

September 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I never even thought about making the baby's bedding, but that's probably cuz it would look like crap if I did it! haha! I would say that if you decide you want to make it, you should definitely get to pick the material YOU like! Tell your hubby he can help you sew it if he wants to have a say and that should scare him away! LOL! Personally, I like the idea of purple and green better than the pink...but I'm not a pink person! Good luck!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
September 16th, 2008, 06:12 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board Faye! Congrats on your baby girl!!!

I personally wouldn't make my baby's bedding. I'd buy it. But that's just me.

I think whatever bedding YOU want is what your daughter should have . DH's ideas are cute, but pink John Deer? Do you really like that idea? Would it hurt his feelings if you said no?

I love the idea of the purple and green together! And keeping with the Rainforest theme through everything would be so adorable! I say you go for it!!

Be sure to take pics for us!!!!

October 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made my own bedding (did pretty well if I do say so myself). BUT since it was a generic fabric and it wasn't made specifically to be for a crib set, it really stretched out with all the baby's little tugs on it. by 9 months old it was destroyed. Just my experiance.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
October 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Lindsay8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say if you want to make your own bedding, go for it!! My sister, mom and I made my bedding, and I absolutely adore it. I also like knowing that no one has the same bedding as me, kinda like, no one having the same prom dress (you know?). I love the purple and green idea!! My husband said I could do whatever I wanted w/ the nursery, but when it was time to buy a car for the baby, he had all the say!! Good luck, and keep us posted as to what you decide to do!! It's great to decorate the nursery!!

October 21st, 2008, 11:38 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I love purple and green for a girl first off!!! I think camo is cute too... but not really for a nursery style.. and john deere.. no. lol I can see getting her outfits for john deere.

I would say pick something you both agree on. it should be a comprimise. What sets are you wanting?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search