At a loss on nursery ideas!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a boy and my mind seems set on blue/brown--I love the combo and I planned on pink/brown if he was going to be a girl. However, I really can't seem to find one that I really like. I found a crib set last night that was green/brown. DH even liked it...I like it too, but my heart is still set on blue/brown.
Then I got to thinking that I wouldn't waste money on buying a crib set as I wouldn't use the bumper and the bed skirt really wouldn't show much with the crib we picked out. I know I don't have to even get a quilt, but that is where I keep going to for ideas.
I've check Pottery Barn Kids and Restoration Hardware Kids, and really didn't find anything I cared for (although, RHK had a brown quilt w/ blue polka dots that wasn't bad), and really didn't seem to find many other places that sold nursery bedding as individual pieces.
I sort of would like a star theme...maybe. DH is interested in animals, which is fine too.
I know I have several more months to go...but I have a couple people who have been asking nursery colors and theme as they are making things for the baby.
I've even thought about making stuff (both my mom and I can sew), but again, at a loss for ideas and nothing I see really pops out at me!

If I get a set, this is the only one I keep going back to:

October 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that set you have there is beautiful, however you want blue and brown! So....

And with all the accessories:

It's called Kids Line Pop Star 4 Piece Crib Bedding Set and it's found at Babies 'R' Us. It's got the star theme you want, however, it comes with the dust ruffle and bumper. There are 24 reviews of it on the site, and every single one of them say they love the bedding.

Hope I helped!!! I think it's an adorable set!

October 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I like that one! I had seen it, but just in the crib--never as a whole decorated nursery.

October 8th, 2008, 10:36 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Also, if you go look at the reviews on the website, a few people have posted photos of what their nurseries look like. If you wanted paint ideas, etc. I'm really falling in love with this bedding set! I hope you get it!

October 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Lindsay8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just popping in, but you might want to check out the landofnod.com. You say that you and your mom sew, you could check out etsy.com to get some ideas! My mom, sister, and I made everything in my nursery, and I adore it, and it's one of a kind!! Good luck with everything! I like the brown and blue combo!!

October 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Firestorm's Avatar Regular
Take it easy, don't stress out about it too much. After all, the last thing your baby will care about is the color of the nursery walls.

It's a matter of fact, absolute majority of the world do not have nurseries at all. They simply co-sleep with their babies.

No wall color would ever replace a warmth and smell of mama's body and the sound of her breath that is so soothing and comforting for the baby (wink).
Circumcision started in North America in the Puritan 1870s as a cure for masturbation. Masturbation was considered to be evil and sinful and was blamed for all sort of illnesses including blindness, paralysis and mental retardation http://www.noharmm.org/docswords.htm
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Yulia, Russian mama to my two sweet monkeys: Jonah (06/01/05) and Ellie (11/02/06).
October 22nd, 2008, 12:50 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I love your green brown bedding idea really cute! i also love the blue brown star set!!! here is a modern blue brown set.. which I totally love..

check out this link http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=785246

theres a green brown in there

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
I finally decided on a set (and bought it)!
If you can tell...I'm not longer having a boy!

October 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the color of the bedding and the dragonflies! Very pretty!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search