Question about wall color?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Jungle is the theme for our little prince's room Here is the crib bedding:

I am wanting the accent color to be crimson red, similar to:

We are also planning on hiring someone to paint a jungle mural on the wall. I can't decide how I want to use the red as far as the paint goes. Could I do a crimson stripe? Could I paint is half crimson & then half a light tan color with a strip of molding in the middle to break up the two colors? Would it look ok if part of the safari mural is painted on the red color? Ahhhh... I am definitely not meant to be an interior decorator! HELP! Any ideas?

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

October 27th, 2008, 10:23 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm...crimson red AND jungle...

I don't know if I'll be any good about the ideas of paint, however, I will try!

I think the red on bottom, chair rail in the middle and tan stripes on top would be best. I'm not too sure about the mural though. The red is already a huge commitment. Having just a red stripe, might make it look like it wasn't finished or something, since nothing else is red.

Hope I helped!!! Please check back to update us with any photos you wish!!!

October 28th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I wouldn't do red. The bedding is so dark and if the walls were dark it would be extremely dark! I'd pick the light green of the plants in the bedding and the tan of the background.

Green on the bottom, off-white molding, and then the tan on the top of the walls.
October 29th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I've been thinking it might not work too LOL. But I have seen in some of the pictures some ladies who've done ONE wall an eye catching color and the other walls something more simple. I just don't know what to do. I could probably google jungle themed baby nursery. So does everyone agree the red is too much?

October 29th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I do agree that the red is a bit much. If you were going with a different theme, that had red in it, then sure. But a jungle theme doesn't exactly have any red in it.

Maybe on this one wall you're talking about that's eye catching, go with the mural? On the other walls, do something simple with the chair rail and two different colours.

October 29th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I need to talk to my mom about this stuff I am the worst at decorating ideas... I don't know if it would be better to do a mural on just one wall or to have different animals painted thru out the room or what.

October 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Well you could have them throughout the room! That would look really cute!

October 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ashley...instead of using red as an accent wall color, what about using it as just "accents" throughout the room. Like maybe a red blanket tossed over a rocking chair/glider, or a red pillow on that chair, paints or other accents. It might still give the "punch" of color that you want without making the room darker.

October 30th, 2008, 04:10 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I too agree the red is a lil much with that bedding set. Do you already have that set?? I have seen many jungle sets with red in them...

BRU.com

Target.com

Walmart.com (i like this one!!!)

Babysupermall.com

(red would kinda work, orange would look better )

October 30th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks sooo much for the input ladies! I really LOVE the idea of the red used somewhere... I don't know why LOL. I don't have the bedding yet and I have actually thought about maybe doing a different one. I just saw that one in person at BRU and it's so cute and cuddly in person. The brown edges are so soft and fuzzy-like... but I'm not DEAD set on it. I looove some of the bedding sets you posted. Thank you so much Lindsey for the pictures!

November 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
You still have half way to go! I love looking at nursery stuff! Have you seen any you LOVE yet? Post pics!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search