Your nursery idea!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who came up with it? Did your SO have any input? What was the first item you purchased when you started the nursery?

October 29th, 2008, 06:23 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I did pretty much. I found the crib off craigslist and couldn't pass it up since it was $20, so we're sticking to white furniture even though we like black. lol. We at first picked out the bedding set together and then I found a cute POttery Barn set on ebay for $150 cheaper than the set we picked out, so I asked DH if he liked it and he did, so I bought it and I really like it, I think more than the other cause the colors are brighter and fun!

October 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Veteran
I had originally wanted the ladybug theme by kidsline but it's kind of pricey. ($200 just for the bedding set) So I decided to shop around and find something cheaper. I found my shabby chic bedding off ebay for $50. (9 piece set brand new) So I decied to go with a chic/country cottage theme instead, which was my 2nd choice.I thought dh would be happy that I was spending less than what I had intended but come to find out he like the ladybugs too Now that everything is coming along with her "space" (she's rooming with us) I love it and don't plan on changing anything. I didn't ask dh what he thought because he's never showed any interest in things like this before but I wish I had because I could tell he liked the other and was upset. He was Soo Cute!
November 15th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing a light blue toile theme and it was completely my idea. DH lets me make all decorating decisions in the house since it doesn't really matter to him. The first thing I bought was the bedding as soon as we found out the gender. My idea was to do toile either way, but go with blue for a boy or pink for a girl.

November 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
MrsMamaS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I came up with the idea when I found our crib bedding set. The first thing I bought for baby in general was the entire matching set (crib bedding, mobile, blankets, lamp, etc.). DH goes with my ideas and doesn't really suggest much. I usually shoot his ideas down anyway!

November 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I came up with it. I found the bedding and the room went on from there.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
November 25th, 2008, 06:24 PM
For my 3rd child I decided on a theme for the nursery when I found some cute paintings at Target. They had jungle animals on them and I thought they were so cute. I then found drawer knobs, wall hangings, and a clock that all coordinated. It all just fell together.
November 26th, 2008, 02:38 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
The first thing I bought for my son Cam's room was a giraffe blanket, I am obsessed with giraffes! Then I went from there, painting half the wall yellow and the other half blue.

For Teagen, it was the same room and I started the theme off with giraffes again. Now it's pink on the top and purple on the bottom.

I've posted pics here before!

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
November 30th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I picked everything out

December 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We both came up with the idea together. I mostly decided the color palette after we decided on the theme, but he carried out the work required to paint the walls, ceiling and furniture the proper colors. We just need to get sheets on the crib and put some posters up and my vision will be fully realized. I fancy myself a bit of an interior decorator - watched a lot of old-school Trading Spaces. We did make a few changes along the way: didn't paint all the furniture black as originally intended (the natural oak color of the crib was way too nice to cover up with paint and hubby didn't feel like painting the bookshelf), but I think the room looks great already and will look fantastic upon completion. B)

The first thing we bought was the paint for the room itself.

December 7th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At first I really wanted primary colors in polka dots and stripes, but I couldn't find anything that I loved. I couldn't even find a fabric that I loved to make what I wanted. We were at BRU one night and I found a blanket I loved with polka dots. It had chocolate, sage, tan, and cream in it. I bought the blanket and after some deciding, DH liked the idea of doing the room like that. It's not a full bedding set, but we can get the crib sheets, etc to match.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search