My son's bedding came in!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Last week we ordered my son's bedding from BRU & it came in today!! (well yesterday since it's 2:33am)

Here is my lovely DF with Maddox's gorgeous bedding!

It's even more gorgeous in person than on BRU's website!

here's a pic of the bedding from the internet..

Here is the 3-piece furniture set we plan on purchasing:

Then... also we will be purchasing a glider & outtoman

I *think* we have decided on paint colors as well.. I just wanted to post in here & see what you ladies thought! We are planning to paint the 2/3 of the nursery wall (bottom up) a light green [to match bedding] and then painting a white horizontal stripe (maybe 5 inches thick) and painting the remainder of the wall (up to the top) the pale yellow [to match bedding]. What do you ladies think? I like the idea of doing molding all around the room.. but we will be moving before too long & it's just too expensive when we know we will be moving in the future. Also.. the reason I chose to do the 2/3 of the walls pale green, rather than 1/2 is because we are going to hire someone to come and paint some animals around the room. I figured it'd look best to pain the animals on green rather than yellow.

Any opinions? Tell me good or bad.. it won't hurt my feelings LOL!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

November 20th, 2008, 10:13 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That bedding is sooo cute!!! DF looks so proud! I bet it really feels real to him now!

I like your idea of the white stripe 2/3 of the way up, with two different colours. That sounds really nice, neat, crisp and fresh. I can't wait to see it all put together. The mural sounds nice as well, I think you should wait until the painting is all done and then decide what you want to do. Just incase you want to change your mind, you know?

The furniture is beautiful, by the way. Are you getting all the accents to go with the bedding? Like, the lamp, light switch, etc.? What kind of flooring for you have for the nursery? Carpet, wood?

November 20th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Quote:
That bedding is sooo cute!!! DF looks so proud! I bet it really feels real to him now!

I like your idea of the white stripe 2/3 of the way up, with two different colours. That sounds really nice, neat, crisp and fresh. I can't wait to see it all put together. The mural sounds nice as well, I think you should wait until the painting is all done and then decide what you want to do. Just incase you want to change your mind, you know?

The furniture is beautiful, by the way. Are you getting all the accents to go with the bedding? Like, the lamp, light switch, etc.? What kind of flooring for you have for the nursery? Carpet, wood?
[/b]
Yeah.. we will end up getting a lot of the accents that go with the bedding We are also ordering letters for his name M-A-D-D-O-X from the site someone posted about on here a few days ago. It's an ebay site and the lady makes the letter custom to match the nursery perfectly They actually even have an example with the bedding we bought! I am so excited! We are going to start painting next month and then we're going to order the furniture in January.. so I won't have pictures of the completed nursery up till after my baby shower (February 7th)! I'm glad you like it

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

November 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to see it!!!! It sounds so adorable!!!

November 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the bedding set its gorgeous! I also like the furniture you have choosen. The idea you have for paint colours is fantastic i so wish i had thought of doing it like that. I am so looking forward to the after photo's of the nursery in Febuary.
November 20th, 2008, 10:09 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Love the bedding! It's what we used in our DS's nursery. We painted the walls a tan/khaki (matching colors in the bedding) because there is SO much green in the bedding and an all-yellow nursery seemed a little girly. So, that's just a thought - that there is so much green in the set you might want to pick a complimentary/coordinating color versus the primary color of the set. I think the example on the packaging is a nursery with tan/khaki walls so it'd give you an idea of what it would look like.

Also, we got all the pieces to the set, but we regret getting the nightlight. The monkey sitting in front of the bulb is all wood, so the light doesn't shine through at all. There is just a little, little glow of light surrounding the plug-in. It's like the manufacterers didn't test it before putting it on the market, because it's a completely inefficient nightlight.

Love the name Maddox too! Congrats!

November 21st, 2008, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is the bedding set I have also picked out for our safari room, so I love your taste!!! Our walls are a beige/tan color and we will be doing a lot of green accents, but what you described sounds really great for a nursery.
November 22nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
So cute
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
November 29th, 2008, 11:59 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOVE IT

November 30th, 2008, 05:56 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very cute! I can't wait to see it after it's all together!
November 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adorable bedding! And I LOVE the gorgeous bedroom furniture set!! Can't wait to see the finished nursery!!!

December 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Butterfly2009's Avatar Super Mommy
adorable set!
December 16th, 2008, 04:53 PM
~Valerie~
very nice!
December 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Newbies
Quote:

[/b]
These bedroom setups are so cute. I came here looking for some additional ideas as I am in the midst of setting up a nursery for my son. I have definitely come away with some great ideas so thanks everyone! Have you heard of this cool product review site, ExpoTV? It's a cool site where you can make money by posting video reviews. The marketing company I work for is actually doing a campaign for them. It's great for learning about new products as well as making money for reviewing products you own. You can check it out at: http://tinyurl.com/54cx28
December 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very cute bedding. Have you made any more progress on his room?

Can't wait to see pics of it when you get some stuff done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search