Why did you pick your theme?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Where did your theme inspiration come from?
December 29th, 2008, 03:07 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
We're doing airplanes because DH is a pilot

December 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're also doing airplanes Not sure why I decided to go for it, but when I saw the bedding at BRU, it caught my attention right away, and my husband liked it as well. I think I was drawn to the colors, and the fact that I hadn't seen many airplane themes (at least not with people I know). I dont plan to get the whole bedroom set, just the crib bedding, and just work around that. I admit however, I wanted a more gender neutral, cream colored crib bedding, but my husband was not having it lol, so the airplane set was a very close second which ended up winning =)
December 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
Our old nursery before we left our old home was Winnie the pooh - something I protested greatly against expect DF's mum did it behind my back when I was 37 weeks pregnant! Grrr!

Were currently looking for a new home & baby #2 will be sharing with our son once we feel they are ready, so were looking for theme ideas at the moment!

December 30th, 2008, 01:11 PM
luvmyson's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to luvmyson
My husband and I really like Biblical names, so when we found out we were having a boy we used names from the bible, We named our son "Noah" from the story of Noahs ark.
So, Our theme is Noahs ark, his crib bedding, pictures..etc..is ALL Noahs Ark.

We plan to name our next son "Jacob", we just figure we are going to have a son because having girls on either side of our family is something that doesn't happen often. lol

I also do not like Winnie the Pooh, I never have to be honest it is just everywhere now. I can see why you'd be upset either way, that is definitely something for you as a new momma to do.
The Air plane theme is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
December 31st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
[/b]
Very nice set.

We are doing puppies! I was going to use my old classic pooh set from serena (7 years old) either way on gender but the day i found out it was a boy i switched to puppies. CP is cute but seemed too newbornish (wanted something that would still fit for a couple years) and the set I have just doesn't suit a boy well.

i love dogs.....dh not so much but he's not into sports, cars, trucks, etc either. I saw this one from walmart and fell in love with it. and said what about this one..........he said I hate dogs. I said you hate our dog.........this one can't pee, poop or chew anything up!

December 31st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
We are doing pink and brown because it goes with the bed set I bought and love.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
December 31st, 2008, 08:35 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I was just searching and searching for the perfect theme....Dh & I finally agreed on a set that was stripes and circles, mainly cause we loved the colors...then after searching on ebay I found a Pottery Barn set I loved even more. It's stripes with bright colors, more colorful than the first set. Thankfully DH liked the new one, and we won it! There's so much more to do with more colors than just 3. So his theme is mainly colors and stripes: red, orange, blue, green, white, tan and yellow and numbers/letters which are on his colorful mobile that matches. My dad is painting him some canvas that will have numbers and letters on them with the same colors and then once he's born my dad is going to do his wall letters with the colorful stripes of his bedding~ I can't wait!

December 31st, 2008, 10:36 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our theme is light blue toile. Really I just love toile and practically every room in my house has toile accents in some way. I can't really picture a toddler age boy with a toile bedroom, but we will probably be moving in 2 to 3 years so I will decorate him a bigger boy room then. I really love our theme for now and it's coming together wonderfully!

January 2nd, 2009, 10:27 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
With DD1 (2 years old), we looked for a cute dog theme or jungle theme before we knew if we were having a boy or girl. I couldn't find a set in either of those themes that I liked. So, once we knew we were having a girl, I started looking at sets that were NOT primarily pink. I found Secret Garden with red, black, gray, yellow, and green .... what a unique combination of colors for a girl nursery! It has butterflies and dragonflies. My mom loves butterflies, so I thought the set was very appropriate. Plus, I really like ladybugs and could easily add black & red ones to match the set.

Then, after my daughter was about 6 months old, I found the most adorable jungle set. So, I knew I was going with Jungle Babies long before DS was born. We're animal lovers and call our kids "monkeys", so I thought a jungle theme appropriate. Plus, the jungle theme is so darn cute.

I'm even going to repaint our guest bath tan and put a few monkey accents from this bathroom decor set.

That airplane bedding set is SO cute!!!

January 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
ANGWife
We're doing a Peanuts theme. Not baby snoopy. I'm a huge Peanuts fan and I have some creative ideas
January 5th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Regular
Quote:
[/b]

Wow, that is amazing. My husband and I both have our pilot's licence too. A great theme, but I don't think I could risk it in case baby turns out to be a girl.

January 5th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
We're doing jungle babies.. someone posted a pic of it above. I just thought it was ADORABLE.. and I call Maddox my little monkey! My baby shower is even jungle themed It's so much more beautiful in person than the website picture shows!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search