QOTD 1.5.09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
If money were not a concern (as in you had unlimited funds) when decorating your nursery.. would you (have) done (do) things differently? If so, what would you do differently/change?

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

January 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
With Logan I prob would of forked out & brought everything top of the line & all fancy lol.
He had a lovely bedroom, his cot was brough new & goes into a toddler bed & a sofa but the rest was all second hand & didnt match.
I dont mind it being second hand - just wished it matched.

This time around - God Id spoil the kids, prob make a Royal bedroom, with little king bed etc... Lol.
Not sure why just would

January 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
ANGWife
It would be nice not to have to price comparison shop!
January 6th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can be a bit dramatic, so drama would be key lol! I know how I make up a girls, money's no issue nursery, but for a boy, hmm I dont know. Maybe Id stick with the aviator theme, but definitely go all out, with the 'real' retro planes, retro war posters, a landscape mural, custom made curtains, the perfect rug... You know, just go a bit crazy lol
January 12th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Lovin'_My_Boys's Avatar Momma to Landon & Nolan
ahh wouldn't it be nice if money were never an issue?
If I could do things differently.. I would. My son slept in bed with us until he was 3-4 months. I would've changed that.
I also would've had him sleep in his bedroom, not ours. Having his crib next to mine was hard, because every time he made a noise I would wake up.
Also I had originally planned to go with a safari theme... in the end his bedroom turned into a ALL BOYS theme LOL. DH took over and covered the walls with cars, sports, airplanes, ect... His room was so unorganized!! It is now a little better. We moved into a different place and he graduated to a toddler bed. His bedroom is now a baseball/anaheim angels theme. If it doesn't have to do with that... it doesn't get put up in his room! My MIL is very strange... and bought him some weird superhero picture... it has yet to even make it's way in the room! I think it's going to see the trash first. LOL. I know, pretty mean, but this time I am sticking to my theme!!

*Formally known as 'Landon's Mommy'
January 15th, 2009, 05:52 AM
~Valerie~
That would be nice not to worry about the cost of things! I would buy the best and maybe some antiques etc..but that's not going to happen!
October 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
The only thing I would have done different with either of my kids rooms is to have a wall mural! Those can cost like $400 bucks though. And, I *might* have gone ahead and spent that if I knew we would stay here throughout their childhoods AND I knew I wouldn't get tired of their room decor. As it is, I see us staying here maybe 5 more years (we'll be ready for a bigger house at that point). And, DD is only 3 and I'm ready to redo her room (even though her room could grow with her even into her teen years). It's a garden theme now with flowers, butterflies, and dragonflies. I think I want to keep the same colors but I want to add ladybugs to the walls and get ladybug bedding.

However, if we have another girl, I'm getting this dollhouse bunkbed. It's in purple. So, I'm waiting on the whole ladybug thing because it would not match the bed. If I redo the girl nursery and put the purple bed in it, I wouldn't be able to do a red & black ladybug theme. Since there is some pink in the bed, I think it would look fine with a pink ladybug bedding set.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search