Our Ideas for a gender-netural Nursery

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
greenkat's Avatar Regular
DH is a major long-term planner and so we are getting ready to convert our office to a nursery in preparation for starting our family. DH already picked out a neutral pale sage green color for the walls and all the trim is bright white. Since we don't know whether we'll have a boy or a girl yet do you think I should ditch the medium-blue curtains we already have in there? The carpet is beige and I think we're going to keep it since the carpet was brand new when we moved in and we rarely even use that room anyway except to get things from the printer in there, haha.

Do you think an Alphabet and Nursery Rhyme theme would be suitable for either a girl or a boy? It seems pretty neutral to me but it MIGHT be a bit on the boy-ish side?

I buy & sell antique books and I actually have some big colorful children's books from 1905-1920's of illustrated classic nursery rhymes and peter rabbit. I was thinking of making it a project to take some of the pages and mount them in frames & shadowboxes as nursery decorations. The bedding would be "Alphabet Soup" by Cocalo.

Do you think this would work? Too busy maybe? The room isn't very large....it's basically just big enough to fit a crib/bed, dresser, changing table & a rocking chair. T
January 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
Hey, welcome to the forum

Id personaly would change the curtians but more because I like everything to stick to the same colour, you could leave it until you become pregnant & (if you) find out what the gender would be, then maybe buy a pink pair or leave the blue just to have some sort of gender colour in there.

The Alphabet and Nursery Rhyme theme could easily go for either gender, depending on how its done

I reckon this theme could work easily & the frames & shadowboxes idea sounds really nice.

The only way the room would be to busy if is you tried to cram everything into it, maybe pick your fave nursery rhyme or use small photos of each instead of loads of big ones. Also Id make use of the wall space you have; Hang alot of things up, if the walls are going to be plain they'd make a great way to add all the little details in without cluttering the room, add shelves etc...

Hope that helped

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search