QOTD 1.7.09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Are you purchasing a changing table?
Do you think you will ever actually use it or just change them wherever?
BTDT moms, did you use your changing table if you had one?

----------------------------

We did go ahead and purchase a changing table. I don't think we'll use it much, but I want it in there mostly for storage space. There are shelves underneath the changing pad where I am going to put storage bins/baskets like these to store diapers, wipes, paci's, etc.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2788905

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3176060

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

January 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
The crib we are getting has a changing table/shelf thing attached to it. Otherwise, I don't know if I would have actually purchased a separate one...maybe

January 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Haven't bought one yet.... but we are planning on getting one.

Thank you brui77 for my signature!!!

January 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SK.
With my son we never had one but DF found it hard to get on the floor to change him cause he's to tall & I had two sprained hips so bending down hurt like crap lol.

Were buying one this time around, one to match our cot - were buying another cot the same as well.
Heres what were getting;

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nurse...atural(0026603)

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nurse...Finish(0016218)

January 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Since I'll be using the furniture we bought for my 4 year old when she was born, we're not going out to buy any new furniture pieces. We have a hutch combo set, which has a space for a changing area. I used that space a whole lot for about a year, when my daughter became too big for the space. I loved that it has great storage for diapers and creams, and that it has drawers, for clothing. I personally dont think a hutch is too practical for older kids, for newborns/infants, its so great.
January 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Nope i never used one for Jordana so i won't get one this time. I just ended up changing Jordana wherever we were, on my bed, on the floor, the couch...
January 8th, 2009, 05:23 PM
ANGWife
Are you purchasing a changing table? Yes

Do you think you will ever actually use it or just change them wherever?
If we are upstairs, he will be changed on the table. If we are downstairs, we'll be using a mat on the floor.
January 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought a dresser because we want furniture that we will use til baby is out of the house. We're going to put a changing pad on top and just use that. When we're downstairs I'll use the pack'n'play changing spot for a while and then use a mat on the couch.
January 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Yes, we purchased a changing table for each nursery (our kids are 21 months apart). When we're at home, the kids are changed on the changing table 95% of the time. Sometimes you get a "surprise" when you change a baby's diaper and I don't want to get that on my bedspread, couch, carpet, etc.... Changing mats are a nice alternative to a table but often they are too small to catch big messes. And, of course, with a boy sometimes you'll get a surprise shower no matter how hard you try to keep him covered as you change his diaper. And, I rather clean that mess off of a wood changing table than any other surface.

We bought two tables as our kids awake, nap, and go to sleep at different times. We didn't want to wake one kid while changing another.

We also got changing tables that gave us extra storage space below them which has really come in handy.

January 15th, 2009, 06:13 AM
~Valerie~
Are you purchasing a changing table? No
Do you think you will ever actually use it or just change them wherever? I used one with Arianne for a couple months and then we just found that on the floor was easier
BTDT moms, did you use your changing table if you had one? used it with our first only
January 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're just going to get a dresser that's the right height and put the contoured changing pad on it. I don't see wasting all that $$ on something that can't grow with the kid at all. I think we'll use it.

January 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I could not ask for more.
I got a free huge dresser that is a changing table as well from the people I babysit for... but it won't fit in my room with my dresser and bed.. so while I'm rooming with Aiden we are getting him a cheaper small changing table.. just to store stuff in and use the changing table. I think once they get older you don't use it.. but in the beginning its good so you don't kill your back changing them on the bed or whatever.

October 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
We purchased dressers that double as changing tables. And yes, we use them everyday, multiple times a day. Our kids are 21 months apart and DD was not potty trained until around 30 months. So, we went ahead and got one for each nursery so we would not disturb the one child's sleep as we tended to another child's diaper.

We change diapers only on the changing tables. Sometimes you have messes and I like those contained.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search