New and need some suggestions!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I didn't even realize this board was here! Very cool! I'm Rose, I've got 2 boys and a third on the way, due in May! We're very excited about doing a babys room this time. With our first we had a very nice one but moved just after he was born. With our second, we knew we were moving (out of state) after he was born so we didn't even bother. This time we're finally in ONE place so we can really get into making a room!
We really don't have a "theme", we're just going with a classic blue and white boys room! The baby and our 2 1/2 yr old will be sharing it and so far our 2 1/2 yr old LOVES it. He tells everyone it's HIS room but he's going to share it with the baby lol.

We've ALMOST finished the walls, just a bit of touch up left to do (at the baseboards) and then of course some wall decor (their names, pictures & such) and then we were thinking of painting clouds on the blue, but we're not sure how to do it! Has anyone done this? I don't want it to look like... cartoon clouds, more natural, puffy clouds. I was thinking a sponge but I don't want it to look like white sponge blobs on the wall either lol. But then I have to wonder if we should even do clouds at all because I do plan to hang things on the blue part of the walls. Any suggestions would be great!

Also, we're planning to replace the carpeting upstairs. When we bought the house we knew it was going to need done and we'd like to do it before the baby comes. We had first planned on just doing carpet again but the more pictures I see with wood floors the more I like it. I just worry about the kids falling on it, or it being really cold in winter. So any opinions on that would be great - what would you put in? wood or carpet?

Here's a few pictures of where we stand at the moment...

Our 2 1/2 yr old "working" on it himself lol, he's been REALLY excited about it!

Facebook
January 15th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Hi & Welcome to the board! I'm Ashley! I am expecting my first little one (a baby boy) at the end of March! It's good to have you here! First of all I'd like to say I love your boys' room so far.. I love the wall colors! As far as the clouds go... I had clouds in my room years ago when I was younger (they were on the ceiling) and I know my mom hired an "artist" to come and paint them. She used sponges to do the clouds. They do look a lot more puffy & "life-like" when you sponge them on and it's hard to mess up clouds because you can just keep going over it to get the shape/size you want. You could google "how to paint clouds on walls" or something similar and see if they have any techniques you might be interested in using. As for the hardwood/carpet decision.. I think that's truly a personal decision as to what you like best. You could always put a big rug in the middle of the floor that matches your sons' room if you wanted them to have an area to play on. Hard wood always makes clean-ups a lot easier when something is spilled on the floor. We have hardwood on the majority of our floor downstairs and I don't notice it making the room seem colder or anything and I'm not one to wear socks, so I don't think that'd be a big deal. Good luck with the decision making on that! I hope you will stick around and post pictures of your sons' room after it's completed!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search