QOTD 1.29.09/1.30.09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
If you bought a crib bedding set (like the 4-6 pieces that come in a bag) did you also or will you be purchasing the matching accessories?
If not, what else are you using to decorate?

---------------------
I've mentioned many times before we are using NoJo Jungle Babies from BRU for Maddox's nursery. My mom purchased all the matching accessories as a gift to us.

We have:
the lamp
an extra window valance (the bedding set came with one)
the mobile
extra set of crib sheets
hamper
wall hangings
matching fuzzy blanket

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

January 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
We bought everything but the trash can that matches Kennedys room
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
January 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I did my son's nursery in NoJo Jungle Babies too! I love the set! It's green and yellow versus the popular blue for boys. And, the animals are so cute. It had all my fave animals - monkey, giraffe, elephant, and tiger - except for a lion. The little frog is cute too. We got a lot of the set but also personalized it with many other things.

Outside of the 4-piece bedding set, I got the:
stuffed monkey
lamp
nightlight (I don't like it though because it doesn't give off enough light. So, we got a different one.)
wall adhesives
big toddler blanket (green one with giraffe, monkey, tiger, & frog)
smaller baby blanket (yellow one with lion & palm tree)

I didn't get the:
frog stuffed animal (it wasn't half as cute as the monkey)
light switch (didn't want to change this out in any of our bedrooms)
rug (I was afraid it would be a tripping hazard in a carpeted nursery. If we had wood/pergo floors in the nursery, I would have gotten it.)
wall hangings (because I made my own)
baskets with matching liner (I just wanted green gingham ones so I might be able to use them in the future.)
mobile (I didn't get it because it didn't move and/or have music...I can't remember exactly now.)
hamper (I got the clothe one that matched DD's nursery and I just rather have a plastic one I can toss around if need be.)

I made animal silhouettes. I'm not happy with how the elephant turned out. I should have used a different silhouette. But, overall, I'm happy with the results. I picked fabrics in red, yellow, and green to match the set. I also did his letters in the silhouettes because I wanted something different than the wood letters (that we did for DD's nursery).

(The pics are bad because of the flash, but with one small window I couldn't get enough light into the room to not use the flash.)

Close-up of elephant.

The frog silhouette and some of the wall adhesives.

His name on one corner wall above the crib.

I also added two wall quotes.

On one corner of the crib.

Above the changing table. (I got the wood lion and monkey from BRU.) The diaper cake matched perfectly but has since been used.

Close-up of the quote. (Fuzziness is only the picture quality. The quote is perfect.)

Above the bookcase, I put a shelf with stuffed animals (monkey matches the set) and a Just Like Daddy book with coordinating giraffes.

I also used a wood pull along frog (Melissa & Doug brand) as decor on the bookcase since the set has a frog in it.

Here are some more wall adhesives - that are reuseable - above the closet.

The crib, mobile, name silhouettes, and wall quote.

If we have another son, I'm going to get these custom-made matching wall letters from Ebay to add to the nursery.

If you're interested in the stuffed animals, wall adhesives, and/or organizing baskets to match the set, I've only seen them at Baby Depot other than online.

Three years ago, for my daughter's set - Lamb & Ivy's Secret Garden - we got everything that matched the set except the wall border (we painted our own). That's what you often do with your first baby and then you learn what you want to do differently the second time around. But, we still personalized it with the wall border, a wall quote above the crib, and wood letters of her name.
January 30th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Quote:
I did my son's nursery in NoJo Jungle Babies too! I love the set! It's green and yellow versus the popular blue for boys. And, the animals are so cute. It had all my fave animals - monkey, giraffe, elephant, and tiger - except for a lion. The little frog is cute too. We got a lot of the set but also personalized it with many other things.

stuffed monkey
lamp
nightlight (I don't like it though because it doesn't give off enough light. So, we got a different one.)
wall adhesives

I didn't get the:
rug (I was afraid it would be a tripping hazard in a carpeted nursery. If we had wood/pergo floors in the nursery, I would have gotten it.)
baskets with matching liner (I just wanted green gingham ones so I might be able to use them in the future.)
mobile (I didn't get it because it didn't move and/or have music...I can't remember exactly now.)
hamper (I got the clothe one that matched DD's nursery and I just rather have a plastic one I can toss around if need be.)

I made animal silhouettes. I'm not happy with how the elephant turned out. I should have used a different silhouette. But, overall, I'm happy with the results. I picked fabrics in red, yellow, and green to match the set. I also did his letters in the silhouettes because I wanted something different than the wood letters (that we did for DD's nursery).

(The pics are bad because of the flash, but with one small window I couldn't get enough light into the room to not use the flash.)

Close-up of elephant.

Above the changing table. (I got the wood lion and monkey from BRU.) The diaper cake matched perfectly but has since been used.

Close-up of the quote. (Fuzziness is only the picture quality. The quote is perfect.)

Above the bookcase, I put a shelf with stuffed animals (monkey matches the set) and a Just Like Daddy book with coordinating giraffes.

I also used a wood pull along frog (Melissa & Doug brand) as decor on the bookcase since the set has a frog in it.

If we have another son, I'm going to get these custom-made matching wall letters from Ebay to add to the nursery.

If you're interested in the stuffed animals, wall adhesives, and/or organizing baskets to match the set, I've only seen them at Baby Depot other than online.

Three years ago, for my daughter's set - Lamb & Ivy's Secret Garden - we got everything that matched the set except the wall border (we painted our own). That's what you often do with your first baby and then you learn what you want to do differently the second time around. But, we still personalized it with the wall border, a wall quote above the crib, and wood letters of her name.[/b]
Wow, how adorable! I didn't even know there was all that other stuff! We got our set at BRU and we got EVERYTHING that matched except the wall border. I wouldn't need the wall-adhesives as we are having a mural painted. If you look a few posts down you can see a sketch of the idea the lady sent to me We also ordered custom letters from eBay! They are not in yet.. we ordered them about 4 weeks ago and the ladies auction said it would be 6-8 weeks. I don't think she will do them exactly like the ones you posted above because she does all the sets differently. I can't wait to see what she has come up with =) The walls in our nursery are the very light green that matches the bedding. Also, we picked up several stuffed animals are Babies 'R Us. We got a Monkey, 2 different giraffes and a frog. None of them match exactly as they were weren't part of the set - but they were so cute! I LOVE your son's nursery!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

January 30th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Add me to the list of NOJO Jungle Babies nurseries. I am still in the process of accumulating stuff, but I do not plan on buying too much of the matching accessories - I am not a matchy-matchy type of person (I like to mix things up). I won't even be using the valence or diaper stacker that came with the set. I do plan on buying some of the extra crib sheets.

As for the things I have so far:
*name letters that we made to match
*a lamp that looks like a palm tree
*green curtains (thinking of possible adding fake leaves to the valence to make it more "jungle-y")
*some random animal prints/pictures to go around the room
*random stuffed animals (most I had when I was younger and they are really good quality)

I am very excited for my shower next weekend - my mom found me a stuffed lion head that is so cool. Once I get the whole room set up I will be posting pics.
January 30th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We got the SeaLife by Kidsline bedding set that came with
-quilt
-fitted sheet
-bumper
-dust ruffle
-mobile
-valance
-5 wall hangings

and then I went to BRU to buy an extra valance and found out everything was 75% off so I came home with
-extra fitted sheet
-fleece throw blanket
-nightlight
-picture frame
-2 light switch plates
-lamp and shade
-hooded towel set
-rug

and I think that's it.

I am still looking for a hamper and diaper pail, it doesn't have to me from the set, but I want it to match really well and I havent found anything I liked yet.

We also bought wall letters and instead of decorating them sea life we painted them a matching blue color so he can use them again when we change is room into a 'big boy' room around the time he is 2ish.
February 1st, 2009, 07:20 AM
~Valerie~
Quote:

stuffed monkey
lamp
wall adhesives

I didn't get the:

Close-up of elephant.

Three years ago, for my daughter's set - Lamb & Ivy's Secret Garden - we got everything that matched the set except the wall border (we painted our own). That's what you often do with your first baby and then you learn what you want to do differently the second time around. But, we still personalized it with the wall border, a wall quote above the crib, and wood letters of her name.[/b]
That's a really nice looking room

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search