First FEBRUARY QOTD =)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
This question isn't necessarily JUST about the nursery, but it fits in..

Are you funny about getting used items for your LO (anything clothes, bouncers, cribs, dressers, etc)?
If you have more than one child, were you funny about it with your first, but not so much for your second +?

--------------------
I am REALLY funny about it. I hate to be rude to people who offer things, but usually I just say I've already gotten that item even if I haven't yet. Maddox is my first baby and I can't HELP but want him to have the VERY best of everything. I also want it all to be new. I know it's probably ridiculous and I should WANT to be a bargain hunter. My mom says she was the very same way with me and with my younger brother she didn't care nearly as much We ordered Maddox's furniture from Walmart so it's not as if I HAD to have a $1500-1800 set from BRU, but I did want him to have new furniture with no scratches a "shine" to all the pieces. It makes me feel a bit selfish - but when it comes to my son, I'd go without if I had to for him to have the best of everything. It must be a new mommy feeling - or just me

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

February 1st, 2009, 07:15 AM
~Valerie~
I don't get used things from other people. I don't like it and I don't want it. We have the money to buy our own stuff so i don't want other people's things. Their intentions are good and I understand they want to help though..

Did this even make any sense?!
February 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Super Mommy
I am glad I'm not the only one..... I want to buy new things for our little one too. DH sister has had two babies and one of my co-workers constantly wants to give us things..... DH said just take it say thank you and then give whatever we don't want to a charity.... So that's what we are planning to do.

Thank you brui77 for my signature!!!

February 2nd, 2009, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my fourth and I still dont like handmedowns- from anybody except myself. I like to know how things were taken care of. If it is something I really need right away I will accept it--until I am able to find one I like better and then pass on the one that was given to me.
February 2nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not pregnant yet but i feel the same way. Heck I'm probably even more crazy in that i want to be the one to pick out everything. Of course i will appreciate gifts but to be honest i'm picky so i'de prefer gift cards when the time comes.

February 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
I'm so glad I'm not alone, haha

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

February 6th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I don't really care either way I guess. I don't have anyone to give me handmedowns though
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search