Nursery Issues..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
OK, so when I bought my bedding sets I looked for ones that I liked rather than ones that would make decorating the nursery an easy issue. I'm not much into girly things so I ended up picking neutral bedding sets. (I'm kind of regretting it now..) I still like them but I feel like I should've gotten her girlier ones because (1) she IS a girl, and (2) it would've made decorating easier.

Now I don't know which colors to paint her room because the bedding sets are so different. Her room is also huge with high ceilings so I want DH to put a chair molding on the walls and break it off into two colors. I was thinking a green or yellow color for the top and brown for the bottom. I feel like those are the only colors that really go with both bedding sets (if I decide to change 'em up) but I also feel as if the room is going to look boyish. I need opinions and lots of help.

These are the bedding sets I have...
Nature's Purest

Lambs & Ivy

I'm kind of wishing I can return both and just pink out pink sets and do a pink room and just have a pink-loving girl. (Both of the sets were gifts, though, and I'd feel horrible doing that..) I'm clueless
February 13th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Hi and welcome to the board I personally, would probably take them back and get a girlier one. Both of those are fairly expensive bedding sets and you can pick one you REALLY love that has lots of matching items (lamp, mobile, rug, etc) and use the leftover money from the one bedding set to buy the matching items. I've never personally heard of anyone switching out different beddings. I guess that'd be great for those of us ladies who get tired of things easily I'm actually one of them - but I like to go all out and have everything matching Like you said, if you did want to keep both bedding sets, you would have to paint the room fairly neutral colors to go with both sets. I'm just wondering if you would be super happy with it in the end, KWIM?

It's definitely a personal decision. I am having a little boy, but if he had of been a girl.. oh let me tell ya, her room would have been PINK-a-licious Also, the people who bought them for you as a gift would probably WANT you to return them for something you loved. Like I said, those are not cheap sets and you should have a pattern you really love. Good luck deciding what you do! KUP!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

February 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
I don't really want to return them - it's just that I wish I would've taken an easier way out. (And besides, the people who bought them for me would take it personal - they're just those kind of people..) And it's not that I don't like the sets.. It's just that I don't know what to do with them now

I found an advertisement for the second bedding set though and the room looks cute AND girly - the walls were painted a deep red/maroon kind of color and they have some cute accents throughout. And because the first set is neutral, I'm sure that color would work well with it also. I'm going to go for the red. Thanks for your help though!

If I have a girl the next time around, I'm making everything in her room Pepto Bismal pink just to make my life easier
February 13th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Quote:
I don't really want to return them - it's just that I wish I would've taken an easier way out. (And besides, the people who bought them for me would take it personal - they're just those kind of people..) And it's not that I don't like the sets.. It's just that I don't know what to do with them now

I found an advertisement for the second bedding set though and the room looks cute AND girly - the walls were painted a deep red/maroon kind of color and they have some cute accents throughout. And because the first set is neutral, I'm sure that color would work well with it also. I'm going to go for the red. Thanks for your help though!

If I have a girl the next time around, I'm making everything in her room Pepto Bismal pink just to make my life easier [/b]
Good luck! Hopefully it'll turn out great! I think a deep red/maroon color with some feminine accents would look really cute I really like the jungle bedding set! Our son's room is done in jungle (Jungle babies) and there is just so many options when you do jungle themed rooms =) I think with the right colors and the right accents/decor, you can make it look pretty & girly =) GL and KUP with pictures!!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

February 16th, 2009, 06:39 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
hey Dina!

Here's some color ideas:

I think a light pink could work with both...and then it'd make it a bit girlier and if you got pink crib sheets and other decor to pull it together
a color something like this:

or a green color like this

or a beigey/yellow

or a pink and beige like this

or a beigey pink color like this

good luck!

February 20th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Regular
I really like both yof your sets- really cute. If you have a large room, you could likely get away with more color. What I would do is work off the red and beige set. You could use a neutral on the top and find a red that matches or compliments the red in the quilt (something like Rosy apple or Ladybug red from Benjamin Moore). I think pink would be tough because of the red in the blanket- especially the tone of the red. But I think that beige and red could look really cute and would go with either set- and it can be just as girly as you make it.

The other option for me would be beige and a green tone. From the pictures the green looks a little minty- I can't tell for certain though.
Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

oh yeah- as for pepto pink..... I rented an apartment painted pepto pink. Believe me, it makes nothing easier.......
February 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, if you don't love them, you should return them. It is your baby's room, and especially if you plan to paint the room to match the bedding, you are going to have to live with it for a long time. Take them back and get something you love. Just tell the people that bought them for you that your prego brain won't let you make up your mind. :biggrin: They will understand.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search