Maddox's *almost* finished nursery

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Maddox's nursery is ALMOST finished! We ordered some dark brown wooden blinds are Home depot the other day, they are going to match the nursery so well! Those should be in within a week or so. We bought the glider/outtoman today and DH put it together =) We purchased and hung the curtain rod/valances. I ordered Maddox's wall letters from eBay about 6 weeks ago. The lady's auctions says to allow 6-8 to get your letters due to her hand-painting them. I really hope they're in soon. Then, I think I want to get some type of big rug to put in his room. I haven't decided yet. But that is all that is left! So exciting! 1) Hang blinds (when they arrive) 2) Hang wall-letters (when they arrive) 3) Choose a rug and buy it.

Here's pictures! Oh, we are having someone come and clean the house before Maddox arrives. She is going to clean his windows as well. I'm not sure how they look in the pictures, but in person, they definitely need a deep clean

Don't those baskets underneath match perfectly? We found them at walmart the other day, I was so thrilled!

His name letters will go above the changing table. That picture frame won't stay there, IDK what we're going to do with it. That's the wipe warmer! I tried it out - it's cool =) I am getting a contoured changing pad at BRU when I spend my gift cards on Sunday.. that is the ugly thin pad that came with the changing table.

Dresser/glider & outtoman.. which is where I'm sitting now on my laptop! it's so comfy LOL!

Wall hangings - that aren't perfectly straight.. I'm going to need my mom to help me measure it or something, It's a pain in the rear! I worked on getting them perfect for an hour just to find out they're kinda leaning at an angle

Curtains

Inside his closet

'
Some of his clothes

His carseat that I LOVE! I love the strap covers

Thanks for looking!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

February 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
luckycharms288's Avatar Newbies
Omg that is so cute!! You did a really good job on his room
February 13th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything looks great. The lady you guys found did wonderful on the mural.
February 14th, 2009, 08:31 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Jumping in here but OMG !!!!!

That is STUNNING !!! I love the wall paintings, did you do those yourself ????
February 14th, 2009, 11:49 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very nice, I love how pulled together it all is. Congrats on a great job!

February 15th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Jumping in here but OMG !!!!!

That is STUNNING !!! I love the wall paintings, did you do those yourself ????[/b]
Oh, no, no no. I wish We hired someone. Took her 24 hrs bless her heart.

February 15th, 2009, 06:43 AM
kyatc
Your room is TOO cute! Where did you get the furniture?
February 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Yes, I LOVE the wall murals. I had thought of hiring someone to do something similar. Now, you make me wish I had!

The nursery is ADORABLE!!!

February 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Newbies
So neat! I love the mural. What a great idea.
February 15th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Your room is TOO cute! Where did you get the furniture?[/b]
We ordered it online from Walmart! It was a great price and it's all so gorgeous in person. We got the crib (it converts to a toddler and full-size bed), the dresser, changing table & crib mattress for about $730 - you can't beat that! Let me forewarn ya though... these particular pieces were a bia to put together The dresser literally took DH and I about 4 hrs b/c the directions were crap!

February 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lurking from the June DDC - your LO's nursery is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love it. Congrats on your little man, BTW!!
February 16th, 2009, 06:27 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
great job!

February 17th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Super Mommy
I love it! It came together so well!

Thank you brui77 for my signature!!!

February 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You did a wonderful job- it is gorgeous!!
February 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
So amazing! I love it!
My beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!

March 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ADORABLE! Will you come and decorate my nursey!!!!

Even though this is my second baby....I didn't really do a nursey for DS because we lived in a small condo and his room was also the guest room and computer room/office. We also knew we'd be moving within six months of his birth so we didn't do much. I'm so excited to actually be doing a nursey this time!!! But I'm terrible with decorating. We did just redo our guest room into DS's big boy room and I gotta say I did alright with that one!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

March 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Newbies
Quote:
Maddox's nursery is ALMOST finished! We ordered some dark brown wooden blinds are Home depot the other day, they are going to match the nursery so well! Those should be in within a week or so. We bought the glider/outtoman today and DH put it together =) We purchased and hung the curtain rod/valances. I ordered Maddox's wall letters from eBay about 6 weeks ago. The lady's auctions says to allow 6-8 to get your letters due to her hand-painting them. I really hope they're in soon. Then, I think I want to get some type of big rug to put in his room. I haven't decided yet. But that is all that is left! So exciting! 1) Hang blinds (when they arrive) 2) Hang wall-letters (when they arrive) 3) Choose a rug and buy it.

Here's pictures! Oh, we are having someone come and clean the house before Maddox arrives. She is going to clean his windows as well. I'm not sure how they look in the pictures, but in person, they definitely need a deep clean

Don't those baskets underneath match perfectly? We found them at walmart the other day, I was so thrilled!

His name letters will go above the changing table. That picture frame won't stay there, IDK what we're going to do with it. That's the wipe warmer! I tried it out - it's cool =) I am getting a contoured changing pad at BRU when I spend my gift cards on Sunday.. that is the ugly thin pad that came with the changing table.

Dresser/glider & outtoman.. which is where I'm sitting now on my laptop! it's so comfy LOL!

Wall hangings - that aren't perfectly straight.. I'm going to need my mom to help me measure it or something, It's a pain in the rear! I worked on getting them perfect for an hour just to find out they're kinda leaning at an angle

Curtains

Inside his closet

'
Some of his clothes

His carseat that I LOVE! I love the strap covers

Thanks for looking! [/b]
March 2nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Newbies
You picked a theme your little boy is sure to enjoy! What a terrific theme idea! Very adorable bedding set too! Enjoy!

Melissa
March 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Its so professional, I love it. It really sounds as if you are all set, everything you still have to do is either ordered or decided on.

October 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Veteran
What a fun room! Great job!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search