HELP! I can't find baby girl purple bedding I like

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2009, 04:14 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all....I'm driving myself crazy trying to find cute baby girl bedding that is NOT PINK but purple or lavender primarily and not frilly, flowerly, buggy etc. It's really hard - there isn't a lot of purple out there. My ideal bedding would be lavender and brown - I've only found on e on the internet but I don't like it very much.

Anyone got any ideas or point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
Keri

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

February 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Hi Keri! Welcome to the board I am looking around right now & I can't find much of anything that has purple & brown with no flowers or bugs, etc on it. Here's a really beautiful one I found with flowers, but it's not extremely busy..

http://amodernrenaissance.com/amr/modern-b...ding-p-436.html

You could do something simple like this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2475511
& add chocolate brown accents like pillows, baskets, etc.

That's really all I see that could even remotely meet your request I'm sorry I'm not much help! I hope you find what you're looking for!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

February 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
This one is lilac and simple with polka dots and swirls. You'd have to add brown accents throughout the room.

Here's one with lots of purple and brown; but it's got lots of flowers. But, it's still not a frilly set despite the flowers.

Here's a celestial set you'd have to add browns to.

Yeah, everything else I found has butterflies, dragonflies, and/or flowers. I really like the first set Mommy2Maddox posted. It's got a modern feel to it and not too many flowers.

March 1st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Oh ladies - thank you for the welcome and the suggestions - you found some great ones that I hadn't seen....using plain purple and accenting with brown is a great idea - I didn't think of that!!!

The first one that Mommy2Maddox found I was sure was going to be like $600 when I first opened it and was surprised to find that it was only $180.

Another problem with the purple and brown is I'm not sure how it will look with an offwhite crib - that is the furniture color I have from DS and we're not buying new furniture. I suggested to DH that we stain it or paint it and he looked at my like I had three heads (HE HE HE). It's a crib with a dresser attached and a changing table - it would be alot of work.....so anyway...thanks again for your help - I may have to give in to a "little" pink....I've found a few I could handle!

March 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Hey Keri!
I found these....nothing fancy...just solid colors and are purple and brown
1. http://www.babybeddingpalace.com/items/show/9

2. http://www.babybeddingpalace.com/items/show/13

3. http://www.babybeddingpalace.com/items/show/21

March 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hey Lindsey - how are you girl! You're little guy is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

Thanks for looking into that for me....you found a few of the same ones I found...and I wasn't thrilled by them....but I do appreciate you're looking for me!

I think I've found the bedding of my dreams....once I saw it I realized brown wasn't doing it for me with the purple at all....and this one just grabbed me and I knew it was it. I found it by accident...I had given in to a pink and green one and was searching for the best price when a site came up that said, "If you like this...you may like...." and then there it was....my bedding - take a look! Let me know what you think ladies - honestly! :biggrin:

http://www.bananafishinc.com/prodpg.php?product_id=260

March 1st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Oh wow! I think that bedding set is just gorgeous! It's adorable! You will be able to find so many cute accents & her room will be just darling Please KUP with your decision & post pics when you get done!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

March 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
I'm Sam, Sadie's Mommy!!!
I love, love, love that Bananafish bedding!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!
March 3rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love it too, It took me ages to find something girly but not pink or flowery and ladybirds arent for me. Its a shame I didnt see this one!!

March 7th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Well no wonder it wasn't easy to find - its been discontinued by Bananafish and many vendors don't carry it anymore....my mom finally found it though!!! Thank goodness or I would have had a nervous breakdown - I mean I HAD to have it. I can't wait until I get it and I can pick out paint and accessories - I will definitely post pictures when I'm done with it.

March 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This one here is from walmart! Its is plain purple, and like other ladies suggested, just accent everything with brown!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4380063

March 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
So - I told you all that my mom finally found the bedding...well they sent her an email that it had to be cancelled - they couldn't get the bedding. So I was frantically searching and ordering from every site - finally an order went thru - then they sent an email that they shipped it....and then.....

It arrived and its even more fabulous in person!!! I will be working hard now on getting the room done. I can't wait to post pics...I hope it comes out cute!

Now to obsess about wall letters.....

May 8th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keri - I love the bedding you picked out! How is the nursery coming along? Bob and I wanted something really simple (ie: no theme) for our nursery too. I just ordered the Migi Pinwheel bedding set - haven't recieved it yet. If you google it, my walls are exactly the same color (white trim and all) as the picture.

Can't wait to see your pictures!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
May 8th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hi Christine - ahh thanks! The room is VERY close to being done and then I'll post pics - I"m waiting on the wall letters and I don't want to post pics until those are hung. I went and checked out your bedding - that is SO you! I love it!!!!! If your walls are that pretty blue that will look so gorgeous and you can totally glam that up for that baby girl! I can't wait to see YOUR pics!

How are you feeling? I need to PM you back. I have a babysitter coming tomorrow morning so I will be able to catch up on that kind of stuff (I'm on restricted activities pretty much and very close to bedrest - darn blood pressure).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search