Furniture color?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
mtowcs09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mtowcs09
So we have nearly all white furniture but ironically I think I picked out a bedding that does not go with white. I'm not against getting new furniture, in fact that would be awesome because the furniture we would be using is extremely old. Can you ladies help me out? lol

This is the bedding that I've chosen so far:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2953449

The top of the quilt looks white but the rest of the bedding actually has more of a cream colored hue to it and there's a normal brown outline to it.

I held it up to an espresso crib (this one):

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...6#ReviewHeader

I thought it looked great BUT now I'm second guessing myself. The molding in the room that goes along the walls/door and the door is white. Would it look off if we used dark colored furniture?

Do you think it would look good on white or darker colored furniture? The furniture we have is bright white which makes me think that the cream colors would not look good on it at all. I also want the bedding to pop.

March 17th, 2009, 06:51 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
i think the dark furniture would look great regardless of the moulding! cute bedset but i agree it doesnt go well with white furniture.

March 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
mtowcs09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mtowcs09
Thanks. I'm pretty anal about decorating LOL.

March 17th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
I agree that it will look better on darker furniture regardless of the molding. Our molding is white as well and Maddox's furniture is expresso. You can go to finished nurseries (subforum) at the top and look at it. I think it looks great. I like the bedding & I definitely think the darker furniture is the way to go

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

March 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Both of those pics you posted are dark furniture with white molding. Although I think it would be ideal to have white molding with white furniture and dark molding with dark furniture, both of those nurseries look just fine.

And, I agree with everyone else. The bedding you picked would go best with darker furniture. Could you paint the furniture you have? Some people do not like painted furniture while others do. You could paint the furniture a nice color to match the bedding.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search