room questions (with pics)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 11:27 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
so I had another idea for painting the room... I'm liking turquoise and lime for paint and red for accents... the more I look at the room, it could be too small for a red wall
so thought maybe of painting the wall where the crib is a turquoise

the actual room/wall-

and then thought maybe of doing the other 3 walls like this, with that green color and I really like that dresser too but would it go with my crib??
or I like this dresser I guess... or in blue

the biggest problem with the whole dresser thing is that theres a tv in this room, mounted on the wall... theres really no other place to put it so dh suggested we just leave it, I can watch tv in there, or put on kids stuff/music for him... which sounds fine I guess (not thrilled but...)... heres the prob: the wires to the tv are now covered by a mirror that we used cuz it was the gym room... see pic

so the whole point with the dresser is that it will cover those cords but I measured last night and it wont... so now that is stumping me on how to hide those cords... I mean I could just have DH take the tv out but then again, it will just sit in the garage, it might be nice to have it...? and I asked him if he could take it off the wall and put it on top of the dresser and he said yes but he'll have to repair the wall where the mounting bracket is so he doesnt really wanna do that... ugggggg! any thoughts anyone??

the other 2 walls..
March 24th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Veteran
Misc thoughts...

Unless the holes are monstrous, repairing the wall where the bracket was mounted really shouldn't be that big a deal since you were planning to paint that wall anyway.

A friend has a TV in the nursery and loves it because it gives her something to do other than stare endlessly at the baby while nursing.

Could you leave the mirror and just put the dresser in front of it?

Could you buy some sort of cord cover and paint it so it sort of disappears into the wall?

I'm not crazy about the blonde dresser with the white crib. I'm not sure the blue one will go with the turquoise and green walls.

March 24th, 2009, 02:37 PM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
ok thanks!! good advice on all!
March 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I like the green and turquoise together too!

Yeah, I don't like natural dresser with a white crib. And, the blue dresser wouldn't match the walls. I would go with all white furniture.

And, I agree about the holes created by the wall mount. You should be able to just fill them in with some spackling and then paint the wall! If you put a dresser on that wall, I'm sure you'll put something above it on the wall. So, even if the wall doesn't look perfect it would be just fine.

It also looks like you'll have to buy/make plenty of curtains.
March 24th, 2009, 11:38 PM
aprils242001's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to aprils242001
Maybe you could try put a picture or a painting up there.
April 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the white dresser with the white crib. Have you thought about putting a cork board - or a decorative picture board up there....then you could doll that up with little accents/pics or whatever....they have some really decorative pictures boards. Or just put a canvas painting up like someone else suggested. It may not be too bad with the mirror - especially if it will be a little girls room ( i forgot to look and see what you are having if you even know), you could maybe frame it with a wood border and it would be like a regular wall mirror. I love the green and turquois and even the thought of red accents - I think that would look awesome!

Personally though, I hate the thought of a tv in a little ones room.....I'm not big on TV for my little guy at all actually - so I'd be taking that thing down and out no matter how much work needed to be done or how long it sat in some other part of the house - better yet I'd put in on Craig's list or something....but that's just me ranting about my thoughts on kids and tv (HE HE HE).

Good luck - let us know what you decide to do and of course post pics when its done!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search