Solid bedding for a toddler bed... xposted in may ddc

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 01:43 AM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quick info: I am expecting my first child in May but my DH has 3 kids from a previous marriage... we recently found out that we will have them for the whole summer. Since this is the first time that the youngest will not be in a crib we have decided to get a toddler bed and share Baby's room. He will have Cars sheet and pillowcase (Disney's Cars 2-pc. Toddler Sheet Set : Target) since that is his whole world but a solid navy comforter so it will still match the nursery which is done in a pirate theme with lots of navy blue accents... problem is- I can't find a reasonably priced solid navy comforter for a toddler bed. I found one that would be perfect except there is no way that I can spend $79 on a toddler sized comforter. I bought the twin size ones for my DSD for $20 each brand new and absolutely LOVE them! Also, is there a difference in size between a toddler comforter and a crib one? I know that the mattress is the same, but is a toddler one bigger so it can be tucked in? Any help here would be great... I have searched and searched and I cant believe that I cant find a reasonably priced one out there somewhere in cyberworld... TIA!! Oh and here's the one I found for 79 bucks Navy Toddler Bedding | Solid Navy Toddler Bedding

April 2nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea if the sizes are different but they should give the dimensions and that will tell you if a crib comforter and a toddler comforter (as they have them defined whereever you look) are different sizes.

Here is a whole set for $69 bucks - not much cheaper but you get more for your money Solid Color Toddler Bedding (extra sheets are always good for a toddler!)

Navy Baby Crib Bedding Collection this crib comforter is $59 and it says it is the same dimensions as the toddler comforter (if you click over to toddler bedding).

How good are you at sewing....you could always buy some fabric and make a comforter....that would be cheaper probably - but time consuming.

Good luck!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search