hampers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Veteran
I know I would like a hamper in the nursery, but I'm having trouble deciding what to get. I see a lot of nursery hampers that are wooden frames with fabric over them. Are these hampers practical or just cute? They definitely have some adorable designs on them, but I wonder if there are any features that are useful in a hamper that these do not have. I'm thinking it'd be nice to be able to grab the whole hamper and haul it off to the laundry room. I fear I would pinch my fingers in the wooden frame, though. Something like a basket might be easy to turn over straight into the washing machine, but I think you might have to fish each item out of the wood frame hampers?

April 18th, 2009, 03:12 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a fan of hampers in the bedroom (especially kids rooms, cause of the yuck stuff babies get on their clothes, and there is a smell)... BUT if you want one in the babies room, I agree with you on wanting one that I could take into the laundry room and dump. What I've been thinking of doing is using one of those generic tall hampers and making a "cover/bag"

Sewing a simple "bag" for it, like a trash bag would go in a trash can, with cute fabric and use elastic around the top... make it a little tall so it comes about 1/3 of the way down the outside so it look decorative (kinda the same concept as the baskets on the changing table in the "Pics of our nursery & DS's big boy room... " post but for a laundry hamper)....

Maybe you could find a linen laundry bag and use that the same way if you aren't a sewer (sp??)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
April 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Well, I believe most the nursery-matching fabric ones on wooden frames come with an interior laundry bag netting. At least my DD's did. I just pull the laundry bag out of the wooden frame and hall it to the laundry room.

However, I'm still more of a fan of a regular plastic hamper. So, for DS's nursery, I just got one in a color that matches his nursery.

I prefer carrying the plastic container versus the laundry bag netting.
And, yes, I was always afraid that some of the stinkier stuff would seep into the fabric of the other hamper. In 2.5 years, I have not had that problem, but I think it's mostly luck. Plus, the clothes are all caught by the laundry bag net inside.
April 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
We have this hamper that matches his nursery..
NoJo Jungle Babies Clothes Hamper - Crown Craft - Babies "R" Us

And I love it. It has netting on the inside that you can wash. You can actually take it off the wooden stand and wash the whole thing. I just grab his laundry out and carry it to the laundry room, but if I wanted I could take the whole thing.

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Tags
hamper , laundry , nursery

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search