Nursery QOTD 4/20

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Do you put more of your LO's clothes in the closet or in drawers?
What goes in the closet/what goes in drawers?

--------------------
Maddox has a lot of clothing in both his closet & drawers. In the drawers we have socks & hats of course. Also, onesies and pants and sleepers/gowns in his current size. His closet have some of his current size clothing, but most of it is everything in bigger sizes

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

April 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
right now all of our baby stuff is in Sam's closet because we haven't done b's nursery (doing it the weekend of may 8,9, 10!) and DH has to dry wall her closet! (We have two bedrooms upstairs that share a closet...so he is splitting it in half. BUT i think her outfits will go in the closet as they are..and the onesies will go in the drawers...of course things like socks and hats and mittens will go in the drawers.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Veteran
I'll be interested in seeing all the answers to this question because I've wondered what I should plan for. I envision hanging little clothes on little hangers will be a pain in the neck and that I'll prefer putting things in drawers whenever possible.

April 23rd, 2009, 04:21 AM
Super Mommy
The only things that are hung up are complete outfits that we wouldn't mix and match. Everything else in the the dresser.

Thank you brui77 for my signature!!!

April 23rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
I split everything up and had some in each thing. Most was in the dresser. For this baby I've organized in the same way I did with my 21 month old...

top 3 small drawers: Onsies in one, sleepers and gowns in another, and socks, hats, and booties in the other.
big drawer 1 in middle: shorts/shirts/skirts, also swimsuits, etc
big drawer 2 on bottom: everything in different seasons and bigger sizes

Then in the closet was all dresses (bloomers went over the top of the hanger so they'd stay with the dress), dressy pant outfits, anything I didn't want folded, jackets, etc. Pushed to the far side were the bigger sizes of hanging items. Shoes were on a little shoe shelf in there.

I kept the onsies, gowns, and socks on top and seperated cause I used those the most- I could grab and go to the changing table quick. Under it went the other clothes since I needed them less often. Also, I had these in the dresser to make it easier to get them, the things in the closet were usually for going out, etc, so there was more time to grab and plan. In a spit up moment or whatever, I wanted a new gown faster, kwim?

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
April 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For DS (and will for this baby too) I put nice clothes in the closet hung up - like church clothes and outfit sets. I also put things that won't fold easily like jeans and overalls in the closet hung up. Things like onesies, socks, underwear, jammies, shorts and tees, (and all other little baby wearing gear like hats, mittens, gowns etc.) go in the drawers!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

April 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i put socks,pjs..mix and match pants into the drawers,hang up all outfits and t shirts.

May 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think most people do the same! I hang up outfits and jackets/coats. Then she has 4 drawers, top is onesies and pyjamas and socks/hats etc. 2nd is trousers, skirts tshirts and long sleeved tops. 3rd is blankets, towels and sheets and bottom is clothes that will fit within a month. All bigger clothes are in boxes in her closet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search