What do you think?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH and I are moving and I will have the room I need to make a nursery now. We sign the purchase agreement on Monday.

But now I'm having second thoughts about not keeping the baby in our room. What if I can't hear it or something. This is our first child and I'm starting to get to the freaking out stage. What did you guys do?

Should I make a nursery and have the baby sleep there or keep the baby in our room? I'm just so terribly confused. I don't want to do the wrong thing. It'll be nice to have all the extra room. Just scared I guess.

Any opinions?
May 8th, 2009, 01:32 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
What we did was we made a nursery but for the first 3ish months our son slept in his bassinet in our room and then we moved him over to his nursery and he has been in there ever since. As long as you have a baby monitor you should be able to hear everything. We actually do not use our baby monitor anymore cause I can just hear him through the wall. I hope this helped some and congrats on buying a house
May 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are having a nursery for napping and stuff, but at night she will sleep in her pack and play in our room. im not investing in a basinette she will only use for a few months!

but we got the baby monitor with the tv screen so we can see her while she is napping, and it's much darker in that room than ours so i think she will sleep better during the day

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Phew!! Thank goodness I'm not the only one. My mom mentioned to me that I could use it for napping during the day and just have the baby sleep in my room. She also said everything changes and I'll be a really light sleeper after I have the baby but I just get so nervous. I feel like I'm running out of time.

Bretanha thanks!!
May 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Veteran
Most everyone I know always kept baby in their room with them at night for about the first 3-6 months...some even longer...lol. But their own nursery is great for naps as long as you are still awake...they say when you have a newborn to sleep when they sleep..lol. but I think you will do just fine....Good luck to you and congrats on the baby on board!!!!
May 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
We had our nursery decked out when he arrived but he still sleeps with us & will for a long while..

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search