French Toile and Starry Night

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Regular
So we bought or first items for the babies room, and I'm excited to tell someone about it! I'm from the Jan 10 ddc!
Amazon has quite a few bedding sets 70% or more off! I found the French Toile in Green, we both love it. Our idea is to decorate around that and Van Gogh's Starry Night (a friend of ours painted it for us), it's dark blues. We're not finding out what we're having, so for now we'll keep it classy and gender neutral. I would like to paint - but I'm not sure what color. I was thinking a sage to army green (my fav color)! But looking for ideas...

First Time Mommy!!
May 18th, 2009, 03:04 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you have pix? sounds cute congrats on your first big purchase!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 18th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Regular
Thanks!!
This is the bedding:

Amazon.com: French Green Toile Baby Crib Nursery Bedding 10 Pcs SET: Baby

This is the painting, or pretty close:

http://www.theintellectualdevotional...ht-7900566.jpg

First Time Mommy!!
May 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the starry night painting and decorating around that theme....however....to be honest...I think the bedding looks pretty girly. I think that toile style is generally more feminine....you may want to make sure you are comfortable with that being gender neutral enough for a rough and tumble little boy should you have a little boy. I think its gorgeous but for a girl....Sorry

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

May 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love love love the bedding... If I were using it for a boy though I'd do a forresty theme, just cause like pp said the toile look can come acrossed as a little feminine

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
May 18th, 2009, 08:42 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never visit this board and just happened to pop in here tonight for the first time... I actually totally disagree I think the toile looks lovely for a boy or girl in that colour. There's plenty of time down the road when they're older to do a different colour, but for crib/nursery bedding I think it's beautiful for either gender!

May 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
I think it's cute! But, to be honest, I don't see how it's work with the stary night theme? Maybe once it's all together it might work, but I can't picture it, I guess is what I'm saying. GL!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

May 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Regular
Christina and Jonies - that's what we were thinking. We won't make the room girly with it if we have a boy, we'd do trees, and sky or something. Forest is a good idea!
The idea is to not be matchy matchy and all typical nursery. (ME=anti-tradition!)
also - the nursery is more for the parents than baby! All the baby needs is a place to sleep, it doesn't care what the bedding looks like!
I'm still brainstorming how it fits with starry night

First Time Mommy!!
May 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I give you credit for not finding out the sex and doing gender neutral - I could never do it!!!! I think the forest idea is a good one - maybe you could paint a mural on the wall that is trees....I also saw a good website with art work for a modern nursery with cute "tree and nature" themed art work.
Good luck!

Wall Art
Nature Wall Art

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

May 20th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Regular
harrison thanks so much - I'm inspired, I have my idea!!! I have to write it down...
It probably will end up being a boy, just to test my creativity! lol!

thanks

First Time Mommy!!
May 29th, 2009, 10:25 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think itll be great for either gender! =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search