Need help :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So here is my little girl's crib set! I love it but I need MAJOR help deciding how to decorate her nursery. I want to paint the walls but I have NO idea what color to paint them and I'm also getting wall letters but now have no idea what color to paint them now so that they'll blend in but not be the same colors as the wall .. Also I don't want one wall to be all decorated and then have all the other walls with nothing on them ... Sigh .. decorating nurseries are hard!

HELP!!

June 20th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
This is probably going to sound weird, but I would probably do a light brown/khaki color for the walls. It's a really really calming color for baby's eyes, and you can choose to paint the letters any or all of the colors from your set!

As far as the other walls go, grab a thin piece of particle board from home depot and some batting from Walmart. Spray adhesive the batting over the particle board in probably 3 or 4 layers to make it really thick. Then, stretch some fabric (I'd go with white) over the batting and staple it to the back, then get some ribbon (you could go with any or all of the colors from your bedding set to make it really match!) and stretch them out diagonally making a grid over the fabric and staple them around on the back. Hang it up, and you can slide pictures or quote written out on paper or whatever underneath the ribbons. You can go really crazy and add bows or flowers or anything! It's a super easy project that will take you maybe an hour, but it's something your daughter can keep and use for YEARS!

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

June 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm kinda matchy-matchy. I'd go to Home depot, Grab a paint color sheet that has the same color pink as you bedding. (color sheets have 3-4 colors including differant intensities of the same color) and use the lightest (or second lightest) version of that pink. Than it won't be the exact same color and it'll be light enough to be calming and pretty. I'd do the trim in the room white or do the color shhet thing with the green (I'd do white).

As for wall decor... Get some picture frames, fill some with you and hubby, leave others empty to fill up when DD gets here. The board idea of PP is popular and pretty and if you look at the finished nurseries posts, some have links (in a reply) to where they got their pretty wall hangings.

I'm with you on nurseries are hard. I got my inspiration on DD's room (just finished, putting toys and things back in place now) from a finished nursery here. Now I'm trying to get inspiration for baby #2!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 20th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!

I love the idea about the board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search