I'm behind..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM
leafygreenveg's Avatar Steph
I have a beautiful 3 month old, but we just moved recently into our first apartment so I have to get a nursery together after she's here. Any ideas? I can't do too much as I can't paint the walls or really mess them up too much. I love the wall text ideas and I think I want to get "Danica" in wooden letters and then put "All because two people fell in love" in the wall text. Anyone have good ideas for an apartment? I would like to spruce up her room but don't quite know how to go about it.

I really like this crib set: Amazon.com: Boutique Dragonflies Garden Baby Crib Nursery Bedding Set 10pcs: Baby

and we're getting a cherry wood crib set at the end of this month, which I think would look nice with that set. I'm not very good at decorating and would love any tips. It's also a smallish room, so storage ideas that would go with the room would be awesome too.

Thanks everyone!

Thank you Heatherw97 for the amazing siggy
June 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very pretty bedding, and great price!!!

If you can't paint, I'd definitely do some wall hangings. You should check out Etsy.com, they have a lot of handmade-- work at home mom made in many instances-- wall hangings for girls rooms.

You could also get a vase and put some flowers in it (artificial), and get little butterflies and dragonflies to put around the room. You could get ceramic type, or head to the hobby/craft store and get some clay ones that you can paint yourself.

Here is a cute bow holder
Bow Holder SPARKLY BEADED DRAGONFLY by babyneedsmilk on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title

Some butterflies-- you choose the color
BUTTERFLIES Custom Painted by KissMeKatie on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title

This would be cute!!
Custom Childs Name with Adorable Tulips Wall DECAL vinyl graphics art decor organic floral girly bedroom nursery by HouseHoldWords on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title

Growth chart
Vinyl Wall Art - Vine Growth Chart by janeymacpress on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title

There is just SOOOOOO much out there you could do!
June 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As for storage, I used cheap shelves, then fastened fabric to each level with velcro to keep everything out of sight. It's easy to get to and decorative. With that set you could get a dark "stained" set of $35 bookshelves from Walmart, and velcro fabric to the front (like you'd see at a pupet show, best way I can describe it) alternating pink brown and white.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
Wow, that's a creative Idea. Very unique. I love it.

June 21st, 2009, 07:13 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also screw the back of the shelves into the wall (preferably a stud) to keep it from falling as little one starts to pull up. I know you can't put many holes in the wall but a little spackle will cover it up when you move and it's a huge piece of mind.

Your baby is beautiful (Love the BILI glasses, I think carrie was adoreable in them)

We're all about inexpensive in this house. We're going to use the shelv/fabrc idea for baby #2 except for his/her books. Buy the shelves and instead of velcroing the fabric to each shelf I'm velcroing it to the top and then tieing the sides back (like open theatre curtains) so we can get to the books. Just one decorative step above plain ol bookshelves.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; June 21st, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
June 22nd, 2009, 06:20 AM
haha thanks, Danica hated those glasses. For awhile it took 3 nurses just to get them on her head! She was a fiesty little 3lber.

I love the shelves/curtains idea, I will definitely use them.

July 3rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know you were given a shelf idea, but when I think of storage, I love what we got for Cayden's room. It is a bookshelf from Ikea and it can lay on the side like it does now, or stand up. You can also put storage cubes in it from Babies R Us. His cubes are mainly used for books and blankets for now. I need to find another spot for his massive amount of blankets.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search