What did you or will you be putting on the walls of baby's nursery?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
What did you or will you be putting on the walls of your baby's nursery? This will help give ideas to other moms!

For DD and DS's nurseries, I did many of the standards:
  • Handpainted (by me) canvas art
  • Wood letters with babies name
  • Custom vinyl wall quotes
  • Wood animals (I love BRUs. We got the lion and this monkey.)
  • Nursery bedding's matching wall decor (the squares)
  • Little shelf (with stuffed animals, wood figure, and book to match theme of nursery)
  • Nursery bedding quilt
I've also seen mom's use their maternity/madonna pictures and I love that idea!
October 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In baby's room we're putting

- letters of her name
- painting on butterflies and dragon flies (you could use vinal cutouts)
Those will take up most of the wall space and we'll be hanging a canopy for more intrest in the area

in DD's room we have

- letters of her name
- painted castle scene
- antique looking mirror painted white
- 4 picture frmes hung with ribbon with her "art work" in them

I plan on painting growth charts in both rooms in the near future and hanging them.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
October 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Oh, that's such a cute idea - hanging her artwork in picture frames. I got Isabella a huge coloring book of Dora (poster size). We colored every single picture in the month of September and we just taped the pictures all up on one wall (that's a good way to boost a child's self-esteem). But, I love your idea and will have to look for some good frames.

Did you paint the castle scene in her room? Or, have someone do it for you?

I also like the nurseries I've seen with canopies for girls. I had never seen that when I was pregnant with DD. If we have another girl, I'll definitely do that.
December 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9 View Post
Oh, that's such a cute idea - hanging her artwork in picture frames. I got Isabella a huge coloring book of Dora (poster size). We colored every single picture in the month of September and we just taped the pictures all up on one wall (that's a good way to boost a child's self-esteem). But, I love your idea and will have to look for some good frames.

Did you paint the castle scene in her room? Or, have someone do it for you?

I also like the nurseries I've seen with canopies for girls. I had never seen that when I was pregnant with DD. If we have another girl, I'll definitely do that.
Frames were so easy to find. It's such a cheap way to add personality to a LO's bedroom. All garage sales have the 50cent frame table or similar... a coat of spray paint and it's the perfect gallery for a little girl's (or boy's) masterpieces... as she gets bigger I'm going to get 10*13 frames and remove the glass and tape the art to a mat background. That way she can replace the pictures herself... display her art and add her own personal influence to the room.

I painted the castle myself. You can find it on the Behr website Disney rooms- girls' rooms, slide 9 (i'd post the link, but it just takes you to the behr homepage) click "get this look" and it'll have the website that you can print the stencil. So there was no creative talent tomake her room cute

I also recently got this for baby #2's (Kate's) room. I love it

Little Boutique Butterfly Ceiling Hanging - Babies R Us - Babies "R" Us

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 4th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Oh, I had never seen that butterfly hanging fixture. It's so pretty and unique. I lie the idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search