2 rooms on a budget

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 11:04 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We already had the furniture (except the cubby organizers and bins and rocking chair) but the docrations and such including the rocker and the bedding in both rooms (both bedding set were brand new when we purchased) was less than $400 (and the largest chunk of that was the organizers/bins)

Katie's room

I absolutely love the butterfly mobile over the rocker ($25 at babies r us)

Lady bug nightlight clearance at Hallmark

We have the blackout curtain (like the one in Carrie's room) it just isn't hung yet

Wall haning clearance at Target

Lettters were made by a friend with letters from Hobby lobby and scrapping paper

(If you can see them) the budget includes paintnig this room white, it was red, navy and tan americana style from the previous owner) DH painted the butterflies on with stencils he made by hand

Carrie's Room

Bedding was target clearance

I painted the castle on the wall by using painters tape to outline the shapes I wanted. It was totally freehand (based off a castle I'd seen on the behr website, they have the stencil for free too )

Again the letters are hobby lobby letters and scrapping papers.

We do have the frame for the bed but DD is special needs and is unable to get down, so we have it sitting on the ground

The $400 was 2 bedding sets, the rocker, the lamps/nightlight, paint (whole room, both rooms), name letters, wall hanings (not pictured is a hanger for Carrie's "crown" it's super cute) shelves and bins, butterfly mobile, curtains, changing table cover, stuffed animal nets, closet organizers

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; February 24th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
February 24th, 2010, 08:17 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Great rooms!

I really like the BRU butterfly mobile too. So sweet. And, I'd love to get one of those ladybug nightlights. I plan to put some ladybug accents in DD's room, especially if we have another DD.

I also like the butterflies and castle painted on the walls. Great job!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!
March 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
looks great!! the castle and butterflies are awesome! well done I love the hanging letters

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search