Children's Literature Themed Nursery Help

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2010, 09:48 AM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
So my daughter is due is 3 weeks and we need to finish up the "nursery" which is actually just half of our bedroom. Since it is half of our bedroom we didn't want to do any really crazy colors. We picked out bedding before we had a theme in mind and then it went on clearance so we bought it. I'm hoping to find a way to incorporate a book/writing/childrens' literature theme into the room as we are naming her Harper after Harper Lee, the author of To Kill A Mockingbird. We would like to maintain the colors in the bedding, or colors that go well with them just so the whole room doesn't get too crazy. I plan on making a mobile to hang from the ceiling above the crib but I'm still torn on what to make. On the wall above the back of the crib I am going to put a wall quote up in chocolate brown, probably a quote from Peter Pan (or Harry Potter if I can find a suitable one) and on the smaller wall above the crib I want to print out her name and frame each letter using these but I feel that it will be a little plain if that is the only thing on the wall.
obviously one for each letter, to spell out her name.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated it. I feel a little overwhelmed with her arrival quickly approaching and am still working through the end of the week and in graduate school so I really haven't had a whole lot of time to put into it.

Close up of the bedding.

Overall room, the second shorter dresser will be used as a changing table. We have a changing pad on the way.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search