Themes that suck?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I go to Babies R Us and everything they have is...well horrible. I look online and see a lot of the same stuff. It seems like you have to pay a LOT of money to have something custom made to your taste to have it even remotely be good. Any websites that have themes that don't suck?
December 12th, 2010, 11:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you tried etsy? What type of theme are you looking for?

December 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Super Mommy
The Land of Nod website had beautiful bedding...as does Pottery Barn Kids

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url
February 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm....I don't want to hurt anyones feelings b/c I know a lot of women LIKE themes. I personally don't like them really at ALL. So, I am not using a THEME...I am making a modern baby nursery. Etsy is a good place to start to look for unique baby bedding. I do not sew...but this will be my first project to tackle!! my mil sews so she is going to help me!! I will buy the crib sheets but make the bumper pads and skirt myself.....I want a black and white or black white and red theme....my walls are being painted gray with high gloss white stripes. and red curtains It will be a fun modern nursery...not sure what you are really looking for...good luck!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
February 9th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Quote:
Originally Posted by katieroo12 View Post
The Land of Nod website had beautiful bedding...as does Pottery Barn Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASCAL821 View Post
Hmm....I don't want to hurt anyones feelings b/c I know a lot of women LIKE themes. I personally don't like them really at ALL. So, I am not using a THEME...I am making a modern baby nursery. Etsy is a good place to start to look for unique baby bedding. I do not sew...but this will be my first project to tackle!! my mil sews so she is going to help me!! I will buy the crib sheets but make the bumper pads and skirt myself.....I want a black and white or black white and red theme....my walls are being painted gray with high gloss white stripes. and red curtains It will be a fun modern nursery...not sure what you are really looking for...good luck!!
This sounds like such a fun project! I can't wait to see pics as you progress! I LOVE the stripes and red curtains! We painted our living room red and our son absolutely loved it when he was a newborn.

I think if you can find a main piece that you like best - be it a rug, mobile, blanket, whatever - and build your own theme around that piece it might turn out more to your liking.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search